By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.16.10
• When forwarding messages, you can now send to multiple chats at once (iOS 8+)
• Ask Siri to send WhatsApp messages or place WhatsApp calls (iOS 10+)
• Answer WhatsApp calls right from your lock screen, just like a standard phone call (iOS 10+)
• A new Widget lets you quickly jump to a recent chat or see which chats have unread messages (iOS 10+)
• Chats you frequently contact now appear when forwarding or sharing messages
• A new quick forward button on photos and videos in chats
• When taking photos or videos, double tap your screen to switch between the front and rear cameras
New update is a nightmare
The new fast forwarding arrow beside each pic/video is a good thing, but they took away the simple option of being able to forward messages to s broadcast list which is extremely annoying, long and frustrating, it literally took me half an hour to forward an important message to 45 people - one by one, it's ridiculous. Please change that option back. When you want to Forward a picture for example, there should be an option to forward it to a broadcast list just like before. Also while I'm at it, there should be an option to clear the broadcast list chat without deleting the entire chat, this problem has lasted for a long while. Other than this, I love Whatsapp and would recommend it to everyone with a smart phone as I always do by the way, just please change these issues, thanx.
Ps. It would be nice if you can send videos longer than 3 minutes.. 😊
Awful update, awful app
The app was full of bugs already, and now they have introduced a ton more. The notification sounds are stuck on default tri tone, and even if you change it in app, the change does not actually take effect. And for incoming calls, the phone does not ring at all. Four times today I've opened the app to be shown missed calls, that last two I know for a fact that my phone was in my hand when these calls were apparently made. The other two missed calls didn't even happen, according to my partner. Utter shambles and the sooner she gets an iPhone the better.
Voice calls are terrible also, frequently cutting off and failing to reconnect, despite strong, fast wifi connections on both ends.
It's now so far behind iMessage in terms of functionality and reliability that it's no wonder my iPhone owning friends and family have completely ditched it. As soon as my partner upgrades to an iPhone, I can delete this garbage forever.
Great but still need essential improvements
At least 2 issues in the latest release:
a. Problem with sound notifications, as reported by others
b. How do you reply directly from the notification screen ?
One real improvement: you can now share a picture with several discussions at the same time
Otherwise, The app is good, but it still needs the same essential improvements:
1. Let me choose to see the picture the picture of a friend that I put myself in my phone's Contacts app.
2. Let me choose to rename a group chat just for me, without the others seeing it. This is quite essential for group discussions. One example among others: I have a group discussion chat with my wife, my sister and her husband. The only name we can give to this group is something in common, so: "Their family name-Our family name". It would be much better that we be able to choose to see only their family name and they see ours. This is true with all in-laws but also friend's couples, or even group chat when you haven't chosen the group's name.
3. Be able to write offline at anytime, so that it sends the message when it gets connected later, without me having to check for internet connection
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 13 September 2016
- Version: 2.16.10
- Size: 119 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2016 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.