Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dishwasher Rinsing, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain Pouring, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
• 40+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sound downloads from the White Noise Market app or website: https://whitenoisemarket.com/
• Record and professionally loop sounds without being an audio engineer!
• Revolutionary Mix Pad editor for creating new soundscapes like a DJ with support for adjusting sound position, sound variance, volume, and pitch of each individual sound in the mix
• Upload and Share your recordings and mixes with the White Noise Market app
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand
• All screen resolutions supported including iPhone X, iPhone 5-8+, and iPad
• Portrait and Landscape orientations supported.
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
• Heart favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorites view
• Set Music alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
• Remote media controls on lock screen and headphones
• Advanced controls for volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
• Upgrade to the full version to have audio play in the background and to remove advertising.
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Today Show, Dr. Oz Show, FOX&Friends, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers. Visit our website at https://www.tmsoft.com/ for more details.
White Noise was created for the original iPhone in 2008 by TMSOFT and has been continuously updated with new features. Download the full version of White Noise for background audio, additional alarms, Apple watch integration, and no ads. Just tap the + button and upgrade to learn more.
Download new sounds at https://whitenoisemarket.com/
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WhiteNoiseApp
Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/whitenoiseapp
Support and FAQ info at https://www.tmsoft.com/white-noise/support/
Fixed lock screen and control center media controls and other minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Long explanation of why I recommend this for tinnitus sufferers :--
I suffer from pretty bad tinnitus, it is constant and quite loud. It had gotten to the stage where it really stopped me sleeping. My doctor said try a white noise app. This one had everything I wanted, plus a great choice of sounds. I don't have it loud enough to drown out the tinnitus - no-one else would sleep, lol. Just loud enough to layer in with my inner noise.
I tried a lot of sounds, hit on an ocean breakers one that really helped. After a couple of years I was hearing the repeat too much and discovered that the upgrades had brought the possibility of blending sounds. Added in a rain fall and the looping softened.
Often I forget it is playing, if I am reading or sewing, until someone asks me to turn it down as they cannot talk to me (I did say loud tinnitus). I have even watched tv and not noticed it is still on (I have used subtitles for a long time). Somehow the sounds do not affect my life like the tinnitus does.
I vary it sometimes - the sound library is always expanding - and sometimes use an actual white or brown sound, but usually come back to these.
Wish I had something like this when my kids were small, everything those days was at most twenty minutes long. This will continue as long as you like.
I really do recommend this app to all tinnitus sufferers.
Not going to lie I certainly underestimated this app!! If you have trouble sleeping or getting to sleep on time or if you’d just like the comfort I 120% recommend this app. You can pick basically any sound to listen to as you drift off or add different sounds to a playlist which plays them all at the same time! It is amazing. Also, you can set a timer for the sounds to turn off when you think you'll be asleep which is ideal if you’re worried about your phone battery! I recommend ‘fire’, ’car rain’, ‘water’ and ‘thunder’, they clash extremely well and send me off into a beautiful deep sleep xo
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
My daughter will only go to sleep with white noise on. Having tried a few other apps this one is the best I've used. The adverts are visual only, and the sound works while the phone is locked. This means you don't get interruptions. Brilliant.
I've stuck with the free version as it works so well. I believe the paid version lets the noise continue when using other apps. That would be nice but it's not imperative.
One thing which would be a nice addition is a stopwatch showing how long the sounds have been playing. It would make timing naps far simpler.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.