The world's largest Wifi database, finding you free Wifi all over the world based on over 500 million hotspots.
Save on roaming when travelling by going to free hotspots in every major city in the world.
Find nearby Wifi hotspots and save on data. WifiMapper can tell you what kind of venue it is, how reliable the connection is and even if they have good coffee!
• Map of nearby free Wifi hotspots
• Foursquare and WifiMapper comments - get more information about the hotspot venue
• Help improve the database - tell the community more about the Wifi
• Get performance information on the Wifi hotspot before you use it!
• Filtered hotspot search to find the types of venues and networks you want
Join the world's largest Wifi community!
Use WifiMapper to avoid expensive roaming and data overusage charges or slow internet at home. Getting free Wifi has never been so easy!
WifiMapper is powered by data collected from the OpenSignal app community, meaning that all the Wifi hotspots have been seen by people just like you – and you can also improve the database! We want to build the world’s definitive guide to finding free Wifi, and you can make this a reality by joining the community.
Selected from our database of nearly 500 million global hotspots, WifiMapper shows the best free hotspots nearby. The details page gives you relevant information on the hotspot and its location in addition to comments from the community. The list of the hotspots presented is based on our own recommendation algorithms - this approach is not always correct, so we need your patience and collaboration to correct the status of Wi-Fi networks when you see errors! Every correction you make can help improve WifiMapper for everyone!
- It handles actions better when there is no data connection
- Background wifis collection
- New passwords sharing features
- Stability enhancements
- Links to individual hotspot URLs
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor design fixes
- We've added a wifi favourites section, so you can save your favourite wifi hotspots and always find them again easily.
- Password sharing - this one's a biggie! Now you can find passwords in WifiMapper to get you connected quickly and easily to free and public wifi networks. Here's the lowdown:
1. If you want to connect to a free wifi network but it requires a password, WifiMapper might have it in the password section. Copy it and paste it into your device wifi settings to connect without having to ask around for the password.
2. If the password isn't in the passwords section, add it yourself to help the rest of the WifiMapper community.
3. Upvote and downvote passwords too tell other WifiMapper users which ones work and which don't.
Ratings and Reviews
Other than the crashes it is quite useful.
It appears to be ok on the map page but if you switch to any other page e.g. profile, settings, etc. the app crashes within a couple of seconds. Great idea but this version isn't stable enough for practical purposes.
And gets better as more people use it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.