Wikiwand’s Wikipedia reader is the fastest way to find answers on Wikipedia. Quickly access information on the go using Wikiwand’s powerful multi-language search, quick facts panel, link previews and in-article search, presented in a beautiful award-winning interface.
• Multi-language search (up to 3 languages simultaneously)
• Amazingly accurate search results with pictures
• Different icons for people, locations, films, music, etc.
• Perform a Google search for articles in one tap
• In-article text search capability
• Pre-loading of articles for immediate access
• Convenient quick facts panel
• Smart table of contents, one tap/swipe away
• Static header showing the currently read section
• Quick preview for links without leaving the article
• Easily toggle articles between your preferred languages
• Sleek and intuitive user-interface
• Clean article display with beautiful typography
• Immersive photo gallery with filmstrip navigation
• Interactive maps for countries, cities and other venues
• Browse articles around you on a map
Wikiwand has been featured on TechCrunch, Mashable, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Fast Company, Yahoo, The Next Web and dozens of others.
map bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Better than the others
This is a good attempt at a third party client for Wikipedia with a good user experience (UX). Some small features like saving articles are missing, but this is made up with previewing linked articles and a map of articles near you.
There is room for improvement but this is the best as of January 2017
Great promise, but missing features let it down
Gorgeous looking app. The UI is colourful and easy to read, and that's a huge draw. Works smoothly and I've had no freezing. Desperately needs some kind of ability to see search history and to save articles for later though. Widget support would be nice too. I find myself using the official app to get access to those features.
Best iPhone OS interface for wikipedia
Have used many wikipedia apps and this is the best. Reasons: great interface, easy readability, usability and quick search.
No freezing or issues on my iPhone 6s Plus.
A Five star app.
- Wikipele Ltd
- 11.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 Wikipele Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.