Wine Navigator® Plus
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wine Navigator Plus: All the world's major wine styles covered.
• Find new wine styles you'll love
• Pair your wines to food
• Pair your food to wines
• Comprehensive at a glance wine style guide
• Service guide
• Detailed information on all styles
Ever wanted to save your cash and know whether you'll like a new wine before you buy it?
Imagine you're in a supermarket or restaurant and you're faced with unfamiliar wines. Well, now at the flick of a finger you can discover something new, safe in the knowledge that you're going to like it, as well as select the perfect food and wine pairing.
• Search for a wine to see if you'll like it
• Tell the app what you like and discover new wines
• Match wines to food
• ...or just buy a bottle and cook something at home that'll go perfectly!
• Perfect for shopping in a supermarket or ordering wine in a restaurant.
• No wine knowledge required!
• Easy to use, fun to try!
• No internet connection required - perfect for use on holiday!
Author, presenter and sommelier (that's 'wine boffin' to you and me), Francis Gimblett has put decades of knowledge into The Wine Navigator® in order to give you a new and ridiculously easy way of quickly finding the wines you like. All you do is choose a wine you already like and you'll be given a selection of other wines you'll also enjoy. You can even find out a bit more about the wine and impress your friends! All without needing to know the difference between a Pinot Noir and a Pinot Grigio.
The app is totally independent, so works for all your purchasing needs
What some of our users have said (UK reviews for Wine Navigator® Plus):
✭✭✭✭✭ "This is a great app. It's visually attractive, simple to use, the navigation has been well thought out and it's value for money..."
✭✭✭✭✭ "I bought this app because I was stuck for a wine to go with dinner and friends. Really easy to use and load of choice"
✭✭✭✭✭ "This app is superb. It really helps me find wines I would never have thought of before. I use it all the time. A real keeper."
Follow us online:
What's New in Version 1.2
• Spotlight on Burgundy: Comprehensive inclusion of all Burgundy (France) wine styles
• "What's New" message from Francis Gimblett
• Wine regions and sub regions added to all wines
• Post to Twitter to tell your friends about a favourite wine style
• Menu now available from home screen
• Buy Francis' ebook "In and Out of Africa..." direct from the app
• Visual tweaks
• Detailed wine information from Wikipedia
No pretensions - just a great interface that allows quick and easy wine matching ("I know I like this wine so what else should I try?") and food to wine matching. Attractive design and highly ergonomic so you can quickly find what you need. A great entry-point for wine adventures.
Very happy to have a quick and easy way to match wine to food, and suggestions for wines that I might like, based on what I know I do like. Keeps things nice and simple and cuts out all the wine BS.
Am I missing something?
I bought this wine app on the back of all the good reviews and feel completely conned. All it does is give you a generic description of types of wine and what goes with what type of food. There is nothing whatsoever about specific vintages or vineyards. So if you think all Australian Shiraz's taste the same then you might find this app useful, otherwise save your money.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 31 August 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Plastic Creative Ltd
- © 2010-2013 Plastic Creative Ltd/Francis Gimblett
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.