Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WithBaby connects to your Smart Baby Monitor by Withings.
The Smart Baby Monitor offers a cutting-edge way to monitor your baby, interact with him/her and ensure your infant’s well-being using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
By using the free WithBaby app, you can easily watch over your baby with high-resolution video, intuitive Pan-Tilt zoom and night vision, so you don’t miss a thing. Always be near your baby by listening, talking to your child, playing lullabies or turning on the nightlight from anywhere in the world. The Smart Baby Monitor allows you to receive discrete alerts in case of noise, motion, temperature or humidity, so that you can control your child’s environment. The Smart Baby Monitor can give you the peace of mind you need by being able to monitor your baby’s safety and comfort from wherever you are at any time.
• Watch over baby in exceptional conditions on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• High-resolution video, motion free and intuitive Pan Tilt Zoom, night vision
• Crystal clear sound
• Ability to talk to baby, play lullabies or turn on the multicolor night light
• Monitor noises, motion, temperature and humidity in baby’s room
• Capacity to set alarms to designated parameters of noise level, motion, temperature and humidity
• Enjoy an unlimited range: watch over baby at home, on the road or from work
• Alert logs to monitor and improve baby’s room conditions
• Simple and intuitive connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet cable
You leave outside the US, Europe or Australia? Sign up for alerts and be the first to know when the Smart Baby Monitor is available: http://www.withings.com/en/babymonitor
What's New in Version 2.02
- Bug fixes and improvements
- UI improvement for alerts on video screen
- Add forgot your password
On the whole, this app does what it promises.
I would say though that the annoying random panning when zooming in or out on live video has been deemed to be acceptable by the developers. It's totally unusable for focusing on one area as it is.
I have twins and so normally the camera is zoomed out looking at both cots. If I zoom in to one of them, the app allows the zoom, then pans across to a totally different field of view, usually a far corner. The annoying thing is that unless you zoom all the way out, it keeps moving the field of view every time you try to pan back.
App largely abandoned now; the last update was nearly 5 months ago (October). The problem remains.
Problem still remains in September 2014.
Also, the app doesn't follow the correct audio path of you have earphones plugged in.
Instead, it insists on using the loudspeaker to play audio when you connect until you unplug and replug the earphones in.
In my opinion, Withings has abandoned this app.
I love this monitor. It puts my mind at rest, while watching my baby I can play lullabies to him, talk to him & even turn on the nightlight. It's a very comforting app, the only downside is it freezes a lot. A faster stream or a more efficient stream would be better.
Could be fantastic
Whilst the monitor itself is great bit of kit, the app lets this product down. It's very clunky and not very intuitive. Pinch to zoom doesn't appear to work very well either, on the iPad or iPhone. With an app enhancement this could be so much better.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 31 March 2014
- Version: 2.02
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Withings
- © 2011 Withings
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.