This is the exclusive World Book Day app for Young Adults, featuring extracts by the 2 official YA World Book Day £1 books:
Rock War: The Audition by Robert Muchamore and
The Boy in the Smoke by Maureen Johnson
The other extracts and authors featured are:
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
Slated by Teri Terry
Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
Tribute by Ellen Renner
The Finisher by David Baldacci
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
And now authors can write from wherever they find inspiration, be that the bus, bed or bookshop. Find the latest and greatest stories from the Movellas community. With regular updates it's the best place to discover and share thousands of FREE high quality stories by the best Young Adult authors and Movellists, and stay connected with other fans and readers.
- Regularly updated extracts and short stories by top YA authors
- The latest and greatest new Movellas
- Share your own stories and get lots of readers and feedback
- Comment on your favourite stories
- Be a part of the Movellas community
- UI refresh to get closer to iOS7
- New stories
- You can now write stories from the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Could do better
Don't get me wrong, fantastic to have free books available to kids on a media that will draw them in. However, click on a book, you get a quick synopsis, but who is it targeted at/suitable for? Can't use it in my classroom quickly and easily because I just don't know if 1. They'll be able to read it
2. If there are themes / language within that I'd rather not have to explain to them or their parents.
3. A picture book is a valid book, that's where kids start reading, why none on offer here?
This is the first world book day app I've used so can't compare to previous ones.
Good idea, the mix of published and community authors is a good idea and its all free. And the authors send messages too. On the negative side the app is clunky; clearly made for the iPhone not ipad eg you can't drag to increase size. It's hard to navigate and as far as I can see not possible to edit comments.
To summarise nice idea, mechanics leave a lot to be desired.
Dave Cousins' stories are great, so pleased to read more of them. His second book, Waiting For Gonzo, is out today! Really excited for my copy to arrive.
- Movellas Ltd
- 22.9 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014 Movellas Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.