Western Power Distribution provides power to 7.8 million customers in the Midlands, the South West and South Wales. Our new Power Cut Reporter app provides support,
assistance and interaction, enabling customers to report power outages and seek assistance.
In our latest release you can now save multiple postcodes under one location to our My Location Alerts feature. This is perfect for customers that manage sites which cover a number of postcodes e.g. business complexes, warehouses, university campuses, etc.
You can now monitor power outages / faults at a single address or locations that cover multiple postcodes.
With this app you can also:
- Use our Power Cut Alarm feature to awake or notify you in the event of a power cut. Simply connect your device to its charger, open the alarm feature in the app and set the
device to sleep whilst leaving the app open on the screen. If your device stops receiving power, an alarm will sound.
- Use the postcode checker to see if Western Power Distribution is your electricity distributor.
- Use the interactive map to pinpoint fault locations and seek out important and general advice for power outages and faults.
- Join our Priority Services Register (PSR) which enables us to help any vulnerable customers in the event of a power cut.
- Archive your past and current reports for future reference.
- Receive push notifications and live updates of any faults in your area.
- Use the outage/fault checklist to help assess any network problems.
- Send reports directly to us at Western Power Distribution.
- Use it to contact and live chat with our helpdesk.
Please note that the Power Cut Alarm feature is unavailable on iPad.
The following devices have been confirmed to work with the Power Cut Alarm feature with the latest build. We hope to be able to continue to increase this list in the future.
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
- Performance improvements.
- We’ve added new functionality so users can now monitor power outages / faults at a single address or locations that cover multiple postcodes.
- Users can now report power outages / faults even if they don’t have access to the address.
- Design updates.
- Timestamps and auto refresh added to our ‘Check Your Area’ map.
Ratings and Reviews
Contact Us page
If you click on either of the 0800 telephone numbers it dials 800 instead which fails to connect. Have reported.
Also found updates were slow to appear, open app no issues listed, look on line issues listed. Back to app and issues were then listed/updated, presumably takes a while over slow mobile connection (no power no WiFi) to update, so update progress/last update download would be very useful.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry that you had issues with the app.
Your feedback has been incredibly helpful as it's enabled us to identify these problems and we have made changes to fix these in an upcoming build.
In the current build of the app, the power cut map doesn't automatically refresh, it requires manual interaction from the user. In the new build the map refreshes when there is new data and there is also a time stamp to inform the user when was the last data pull occurred. We hope to release the new version soon so please do keep an eye out for updates.
We thank you again for your feedback,
Update as requested for Emma👍
I’ve re-installed twice and it works fine for a while then it just crashes constantly. Great app for updates when the lecky has gone. Any suggestions Western Power?
Update for Emma as requested - IPhone 6S was on iOS 12.0.1. When I reported an electrical issue that was fine, its when I went back into the app that in then kept crashing. Wouldn’t open at all😳 Hope that helps as this is a great idea when it works👍
Developer Response ,
Hi Capitano Trendy
We're sorry that you're experiencing problems with the app - would you be able to let us know what device and iOS you're using so we can try to rectify this issue? (e.g. iPhone 8+ iOS 12.0.1) Additionally is there a particular part of the app that you're using when it starts crashing, such as the Report a Power Cut section?
Thank you for your feedback,
My area currently has a power cut. WPD’s website agrees, and has status updates. This app contradicts the website, and says no outages have been reported in my area.
You’re better off just using the website.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry that you have had problems with the app.
The issue you had may have been due to the following. In the current build of the app, the power cut map doesn't automatically refresh, it requires manual interaction from the user. We have noted that this is causing problems for users and in our latest build we're adding functionality so the map automatically refreshes when there is new data. We hope to continue improving the app for our customers and we value you taking the time to feedback to us.
Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us to create a better customer service tool,
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.