The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
With this update we've fixed:
• Compatibility issues with the iPhone XS Max
• General app crashes
• General navigation performance
• Indefinite spinner when searching for a group to game with
Thank you for using the Xbox mobile app. We are committed to listening to your feedback and providing the best companion gaming experience possible.
Some features may not be available in all markets.
Ratings and Reviews
Won’t let me reply to messages!
So I have had the Xbox app now for almost 2 years, and I must say, it’s come in real handy for many things, but then, just out of the blue one day, I went on to it to reply to a message, but the reply bar wasn’t applicable, and for those of you thinking that it might of been because I exceeded the Xbox message limit per day, then you are wrong, ‘cause firstly it was letting me reply to my messages on my xb1, just not on the Xbox app, so I was like what the heck? Needless to say though, I just figured it was some sort of glitch or something at first, so I signed out and signed back in again, in the hopes of this doing the trick (like with most things), but then after signing back in again, the same issue was still occurring, the keyboard wasn’t showing up when I was tapping on the reply bar, and I tried this for like 2 minutes, but nothing budged it. So anyway, after that I just deleted the app and reinstalled it again, (while my frustration was gradually increasing), but what would you know, that still didn’t solve this ridiculously stupid issue. I literally tried doing everything, turned my phone off and on again, but quite plain and simply, nothing that I tried doing seemed to fix it at all, so I have now drawn the conclusion that this is a “BUG” on the Xbox app, and needs to be updated and fixed ASAP!
Good app but...
This app os quite essential if you are a gamer on xbox. It is rather nicely design and definitely shines even more on ipad rather than iphone. There is only one problem which previously wasn’t a big issue for me. My 3 yo started to play more and more on my ipad and recently she opened the xbox app and went to the store on it luckily she did not make any ’unauthorised’ purchases by me :), now it creates the question why in the hell isn’t there a passkey just like on xbox for putchases? Once you logged in you can buy anything without ever having to type in the password of any kind. That seems rather odd on microsoft part when they are so big on security. Unless I am missing something in settings. Have tried to look for any option within the app and in the app setting on my idevices and couldn’t find anything in that regard nor is there anything online neither.
It was a great app, but now a missed opportunity
Back when the XB1 launched there were games that partnered with this app, giving additional features. Dead Rising 3 for example made great use of it, but sadly few games gave you any reason to use this app.
Now the app is reduced to little more than a messaging app. Yeah it’s great for adding friends on the go when you find out they're on Live too, but that's about it.
Would be a real game changer if you could stream your XB1 to it like PS can do with the Vita.
PlayStation now has a feature much like what this app used to be and it’s getting great reviews. Much like Kinect MS had a great concept (totally could’ve beaten Alexa/google home), bungled the delivery and caved to criticism. Killing it instead of fixing it.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 154.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.