XCOM®: Enemy Within
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NOTE: Compatible with iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5 and up. WILL NOT be able to run on earlier generations, despite being able to purchase them on those devices***
XCOM®: Enemy Within is a standalone expansion to the 2012 strategy game of the year XCOM: Enemy Unknown and it's now available on iOS devices! Enemy Within features the core gameplay of Enemy Unknown plus more exciting content. Check out the new soldiers, abilities, enemies, maps, missions, and multiplayer mode for the fresh new strategy gaming experience!
• New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers. The Genetics Lab will allow soldiers to receive powerful genetic modifications, and the Cybernetics Lab allows soldiers to use devastating mechanized cybersuits in battle.
• New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
• New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
• New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield, research a new technology to unlock its power, and use it carefully back at base to unlock new upgrades and weaponry.
• New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions.
• New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
NOTE: XCOM: Enemy Within is a graphically rich game with advanced features. To OPTIMIZE your playing experience, you may want to turn off other apps before playing.
The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/xcom
Follow us on Twitter: @xcom
For more great games visit: http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/
18+ "запрещено для детей" for Russia
Terms of Service: http://www.take2games.com/legal/
End User License Agreement: http://www.take2games.com/eula/index.html
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Units' shadows added for iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPad Air 2
- Minor bug fixes
Immersive, thoughtful, great graphics.....amazing!
I wasn't sure what to expect, as I played the original UFO: Enemy Unknown years ago, and didn't know how that sort of game-play, with modern graphics would work for a mobile game. But this game exceed my expectations (hence the 5 stars)!
First off, this is a fully functional game. There are no annoying in-app purchases, ads, etc. So the price is absolutely justified.
You get hours, upon hours of game play. I don't know how long I spent playing this game, but it was definitely far more than any other mobile game I've played (people seem to say that it takes about 40-50 hours).
This isn't your run-of-the-mill toilet seat game. It requires thought, foresight and tactics. The amount of options you have to choose from is fantastic (weapons, research, defences, building, fight options, etc.). Even when you beat the game once, other options will unlock, encouraging you to play again.
There are multiple plot twists throughout, which will definitely keep your attention.
I haven't really experienced any of the bugs which other people are reporting, but I may have been lucky. I think that I only experienced one crash in all of my play time. There werea couple of times when I had to wait for screens to load longer than expected, but that didn't happen very often.
All-in-all I love this game and can't recommend it enough.
Amazing game but bugged
This game is, in my opinion, the best game on the iPhone. It's absolutely fantastic. I'm about 50 hours in and the end is still not insight! Can't recommend it enough.
But it is bugged.
If you start the game with the tutorial it has a catastrophic bug a few missions in where your character can't make a move in game. Other reviews also found this. I'd still recommend playing the tutorial if you haven't played the game before but bear in mind as soon as you hit the bug you'll have to restart the whole game on a new save (and turn off the tutorial to get past it).
Also the missions crash more and more as you go through the campaign. I guess I'm about two thirds the way through the campaign right now and every time I finish a mission it crashes as it takes you back to the mission control. Every time. You then have to reload the game and play from the last auto save point (which is your last move from the just completed mission). Also I now seem to get crashes as the mission loads as well. It's frustrating but only takes a couple of mins to reload and make the last move again.
The game is fully playable though.
This is the best console game you'll get only iPhone and I'd totally recommend it! (Forgetting the bugs).
I'm on an iPhone 6+.
The future of mobile gaming,
I wonder if Apple could have foreseen being able to play a game like this on a mobile device when they put out the first smartphones and iPods. Just finished it after about a month and tons of hours gameplay. Exilerating plot and graphics, Palm sweating turn based battles with zoom into over shoulder view, psionics, project management, mechs, a squadron that you become personally invested in, genetic mods, the moral and horrible considerations of amputating soldiers to turn them into mechs...if like me you've never played this game on a console, it could well blow your mind.
Playing on IPad Air 1 the sound is glitchy. The game is so superlatively, outrageously amazing that it doesn't matter a jot. What the hell am I going to do now I've finished it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 16 December 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 3.51 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: 2K, INC.
- © (C) 2005-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.