Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Winner of an Apple Design Award 2013!
See the weather like never before - only Yahoo Weather combines stunning photos with accurate forecasts across iPhone and iPad.
Experience the weather - Yahoo Weather’s immersive experience makes checking and sharing the weather inspiring and entertaining.
- Beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Experience weather conditions for rain, snow, fog and extreme heat with animated weather effects
- Detailed weather information and forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps, plus sunrise/sunset times
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information and horizontally for favorite locations
- Enable notifications for Severe Weather Alerts (U.S. cities only) by visiting "Settings" in the sidebar
- Submit photos to the app at Project Weather on Flickr
“The app provides forecasts, heat and wind maps and sunrise/sunset times among other features, with the twist that this data is accompanied by full-screen photos from that location, pulled from Yahoo's Flickr photo-sharing service.” - The Guardian
What's New in Version 1.7.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Does well what it does, but ads intrude.
I downloaded this and liked it. However, the local pictures, taken from Flickr (a good idea), don't necessarily correspond with the current weather conditions; and that's when there is a local picture displayed, rather than a generic picture of sky. Perhaps the pictures weren't meant to represent current conditions, but, on a weather app, they probably should. (This doesn't affect my rating.)
Although I like the app, this is as nothing contrasted with my disappointment that there's no way to remove the ads that intrude on the forecast swipe-up page. I would pay for the app or for an in-app purchase (same thing) not to have them. The irritation is such that I give it one star, regardless of what I think of the app otherwise, and am deleting it.
I don't mind if a developer has ads on an app, but mind very much if they don't include an option to remove them, albeit for a charge.
Excellent - but could be improved!
I really like this app. Love the location photos (although it would be nice if I could simply add my own for locations not covered)
I originally said that it worked better on my Apple Watch than the default weather app - but I've now changed my mind.
I've found that the watch display can take up to TWO MINUTES to update - and bear in mind that you keep having to touch the watch to wake up the display then it is extremely annoying!
I would increase my rating to five stars if it just updated quicker :(
BTW. I really don't see what all the fuss is about regarding the adverts. they appear in a fixed area - which is simply scrolled with the rest of the info. They don't intrude the display area, and don't need quitting before use of the app is allowed. What's the big deal?
Nice app, annoying ads
Really beautiful app, apart from the ads which are annoyingly stuck in the middle of the stream.
Would appreciate it if the app kept the old image for a location so that if a refresh doesn't bring back an image it still shows something. My local location often goes from having an image to having the default non-location based image, which is a shame. I like seeing the images as much as the weather :)
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 27 April 2015
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 64.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Yahoo! Inc.
- © Copyright (C) 2013, Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.