By Boris Blank
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Yellofier makes anything into music. Record your voice, a musical instrument or everyday noises. Within seconds the app magically turns them into groovy music.
#1 in Music (iPad) in 8 countries, top 10 in 50 countries.
Top 5 in 3 countries (iPhone).
Edit the sounds and effects by moving and twisting colored blocks. Yellofier doesn’t look like any other music program. You can create a full song within minutes – even without knowing anything about music!
Create unique music with your own sounds and with the sounds of Yello’s musical maestro Boris Blank. The Yellofier also includes sounds and songs by some of the greatest musicians within electronic music. Anything can be yellofied!
• Automatically slice your sound into 8 pieces and create a groove
• Record up to 16 custom sounds per song, divided into two user sound banks
• Combine sounds and effects in an innovative step sequencer
• Change pitch of each step to create melodies
• Multiple effects and variations
• Share your work
• 48 bundled sounds by Boris Blank
• Songs and sounds by the finest artists within electronic music: Carl Craig, Henrik Schwarz, The Orb, Trentemøller, Booka Shade, Orbital, The The, Thomas Fehlmann, Charles Webster, Håkan Lidbo and more…
• Record the sound of other Audiobus compatible apps
• Play back the sound into other Audiobus compatible apps
For best sound, use headphones.
NOTE: Since version 1.2, the preview-sound function changed from single tap to long-press! So the functionality is not gone, but we changed to long-press to not interfere with the music.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS7 USERS: ***
If you are running iOS7, the app can sometimes go silent and not produce any sound. If this happens, double-tap the home button to enter the multi-task view, scroll to Yellofier and swipe it upwards out of the screen. Then start Yellofier again, and it should make sound again. Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope that Apple will fix this issue as soon as possible.
The demo tracks in Yellofier are under copyright protection.
Learn more about Yellofier and discover more of Yello’s music at yello.com
Produced by Boris Blank
Developed by Jonatan Liljedahl
Designed by Håkan Ullberg
Concept by Håkan Lidbo
Presented by Electronic Beats – Telekom’s international music program.
Here is an online tutorial video: http://vimeo.com/62158758
What's New in Version 1.3.1
• Update to Audiobus 2.1 with Inter-App Audio and iOS 8 compatibility
• Built for 64-bit devices
I love this app, its awesome ive been using it for years. please add midi sync, ableton link would be great, all the other apps i use are taking over.
Brilliant fun for making tunes. It allows u to create many happy accidents and is powerful enough to make complete songs. The ability to pitch every step is awesome and makes it easy to come up with melodies and bass lines. The time line sequencer is great. I have already made a fun techno album.
A few requests in order of importance:
1. Currently, each steps sample is cut off by the next step (if there is a sample in the next step). This makes each track monophonic. I would like to see the option to select 2 different modes to determine how each sample is played.
Mode 1 could be how the app currently behaves.
Mode 2 could allow the sample to play to the end. Currently I have issues with some kick drums (such as the 808 kick) or long synth notes being cut off as they play for longer than a step or have a long release time.
2. More tracks please! I know fits nicely on the screen so u can see everything but maybe u could squeeze on a fifth track or just increase to 8 tracks which would mean u would have to scroll down to see the other tracks.
3. It can be tricky avoiding clicks I would like to see an auto fade in / fade out implemented for each sample. An ADSR would be nice too but perhaps too much to ask!
4. I would like to see a more regular sounding delay with different tempo synced speeds. Again, option not to be cut off by the next step. Some additional effects too - perhaps LP/HP filters, stutters, pitch shift effects, etc. Similar effects to Sugar Bytes Effectrix.
5. I would like to be able to loop more than 1 bar. An option to simply type in which bars you would like to loop would be great.
6. Currently limited to 100 bars. Increase to 200 bars.
7. Panning per sample please.
8. The ability to save sampled user banks, so you could use them in different projects.
9. At least 2 more user banks for each project.
Please continue to develop this app! Thank You!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 04 October 2014
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Datasound AG
- © 2013 Boris Blank / YELLO®
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.