The Yellow Alert app is produced by Children’s Liver Disease Foundation (CLDF). It enables the quick and easy identification of the signs of liver disease in newborn babies.
The app, which has been endorsed by Public Health England and the Institute of Health Visiting, is the newest initiative in the charity’s Yellow Alert campaign (yellowalert.org) to promote the early diagnosis and referral of liver disease in babies.
While newborn jaundice is very common, if it persists beyond 14 days (21 days in a pre-term baby) it can be a sign of liver disease. Another key indicator is stool and urine colour; persistently pale stools and yellow urine are also an indicator of liver disease.
This app includes information regarding the signs of liver disease in newborns, tests and referrals for liver disease and a stool chart allowing users to compare a newborn’s stool to a variety of healthy and suspect colours.
- Updates to content and contact details
- Updates to enable the app to run on the latest version of iOS
- Children's Liver Disease Foundation
- 12.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Children's Liver Disease Foundation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.