The Yellow Card app has been developed for medicines and allows users to:
> Report a suspected side effect to a medicine (including vaccines, herbal products and homeopathic remedies)
> Track new safety information published by the MHRA about medicines
> Create a watchlist for alerts to medicines of interest to you
> View numbers of reports received by the MHRA to medicines and vaccines
Suspected problems or incidents involving medical devices, defective medicines, suspected counterfeits or fake medicines can also be reported to the MHRA via the Yellow Card website at http://www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. All reports received through the app or website can help the MHRA identify potential new concerns about a medicine or medical device and act as an early warning for further investigation. The MHRA will review the product if necessary, and take action to minimise risk and maximise benefit to the patients.
*The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is the executive Agency of the Department of Health and Social Care; the MHRA protects and promotes public health and patient safety by ensuring that medicines, healthcare products and medical equipment are used safely and meet appropriate standards of safety, quality, performance and effectiveness.
We have revamped the app with a fresh new design and extra features for a better and faster user experience:
· Simpler navigation across the whole app
· Easier access to news content – view the article in-app
· Updated product list with the most current MHRA data and improved data-driven product graphs
· Increased password security – existing users will be required to update their profile through a 2-step process
· Simplified view of sent reports for logged in users
· New: guest access - submit reports and browse products/news without logging in (NB. reports not stored locally)
· New: offline function to create and store reports until reconnected to a network
· New: acknowledgement emails for sent reports, including a Yellow Card reference number and further info on how to contact the MHRA.
· New: touch ID login in-line with the latest technology
Ratings and Reviews
Useless from the start
I downloaded this app but despite not having been asked to set up a password it demands my password - consequently as no password exists I can't even open the app. Fruitless and frustrating.
Update not compatible
The update released in December2016 will not install on the iPad. It says it is not compatible with the iOS version.
The iPad is on version 10.2
Please rectify this.
Does not work
Does not work. Does not submit report. Waste of time
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.