Yorkshire Bank’s mobile app helps you manage your accounts when and where it suits you.
With the Yorkshire Bank Mobile Banking App you can:
- Log in via Touch/Fingerprint ID
- Check your account balances and available funds
- View your recent transactions
- Move money between your Yorkshire Bank accounts
- Make payments to people or organisations you’ve paid before
- Make payments to people or organisations using their sort code and account number
- Set up low, high or weekly balance alerts on your current account(s)
- Switch off your paper statements, and download and save your digital statements to other apps on your device
How to register
Registration is simple. Get started by downloading the app to your phone.
You have three ways to register:
- Using your internet banking log-in details
- Using your telephone banking details
- Using your personal details and your debit or credit card. This option is not available for business customers
Once successfully registered you can use the mobile app immediately.
You will need to be a customer of Yorkshire Bank and have a UK mobile number which begins “07”.
Standard data charges will apply.
Look out for notification of updates and keep your mobile app up to date
If you are having problems downloading the app please call us on 0800 456 1 247.
There are a few security steps you should follow:
- Protect your device and your app with a passcode and make sure you lock your mobile device. Always remember to log out of the mobile app when not in use. It’s important you do not write your security information down or store it on your device. Avoid sharing the device you bank on.
- Do not disclose your security details to any other person. We will never ask you to disclose these details.
- Check your account records carefully.
- Update your mobile app - install the new updates to make sure your device isn’t exposed to the latest risks. It’s a good idea to download one from a reputable brand.
- Email and SMS - Remember, we will never ask you for your security information via SMS or email.
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Not a problem till now
I’ve been with Yorkshire bank for 30 plus years never once had a complaint against the bank. Downloaded the banking app when it came out and use it as regular as clockwork never had a problem with it until now but nothing overly shocking but since getting iOS 12 and updating the app the actual app has become smaller within the iPad screen and no longer displays the logout option and other options at the top right of the screen and leaves 2big black lines down the side of screen hopefully you tech wizards will sort it out so I have a full screen view again it also does not work in landscape mode it doesn’t turn when turning the iPad. Still the best bank on the high Street
Inaccurate and missing transactions
I’ve used the app for years but it is now becoming redundant. I’m having to login to view my accounts through the main website in order to have a accurate depiction of my account.
The app has transactions that show, then disappear completely for 5 days, before reappearing. You’re never sure how accurate the balance shown is, and often it doesn’t match the balance show on the website. Transactions on the app often show with the pending clock symbol for days, even on transactions that use FPS, which are supposed to complete within two hours.
In a world where we are now told to regularly check our account to help spot and report fraudulent transactions, how is this acceptable? Yorkshire Bank, please make your app truly match my account transactions in real time, the most basic requirement of a banking app, or withdraw it until you do.
DO NOT trust ‘payment in’ dates on the app.
The app does not show correct ‘payment in’ dates.
This cost me £105 in fees... Read on and DO NOT TRUST :
My app (screen shot to prove), on Friday 1st June showed a large ‘payment in’ being made on that date to my account, over the weekend was the same date shown.
Regardless of the fact that I can prove that my account showed the sum was credited to my account, direct debits we’re not paid. And fees immediately added to my account!!!
So... I phoned customer service expecting an answer and possibly an apology, but instead I was told on her computer it showed the payment going in on 4th June.
Yes, thier computer shows different information than the app !!!! Wow
I explained I was happy to send a screen shot of what I was looking at is clearly different to what she was seeing and that this is clearly not my fault and that Yorkshire bank has a serious problem, but in her mind she was right and I was wrong.
Now, this is no way to run a business.
Yorkshire bank app cannot be trusted with correct information. And thier mistakes will cost YOU not them.
I will be taking Yorkshire bank to the small claims court for fees from them, from the companies that were not paid and for my time.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.