Your Fantastic Elastic Brain
By Little Pickle Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your Fantastic Elastic Brain App
Based on the award-winning title by Dr. JoAnn Deak and illustrated by Sarah Ackerley, and full of exciting brain workouts, Your Fantastic Elastic Brain is sure to become a favorite among children, parents, and educators.
This innovative and timely interactive edutainment app teaches children that they have the ability to stretch and grow their own brains. It also delivers the crucial message that mistakes are an essential part of learning and introduces children to the anatomy and various functions of the brain in a fun and engaging way.
Special App Features:
Award-winning content (for ages 5 & up)
* Read To Me format with voice narration is timed to help children with the pronunciation and spelling of new words.
* Fun Brain Workouts and Games help to strengthen memory, improve auditory perception, foster journaling, and complement the key educational concepts within the book. Learn to play chess, feel the emotion evoked through music and art, volunteer, challenge yourself to do something new, and become more familiar with the world around you.
* Journal feature allows you to keep track of your progress.
* Embedded lesson plans offer activities designed to build an understanding of neuroanatomy, the brain's primary functions, and how to stretch and shape the brain to its full potential.
"As if creating a beautifully written and illustrated animated book were not enough, Little Pickle Press has incorporated fifteen brain strengthening games or 'workouts'. Each of these interactive activities demonstrates how different learning experiences can enhance brain development... This ingenious book app offers a window into the inner workings of the brain while raising awareness of the thought process. Spend time reading and discussing this book with a child you love. A truly valuable learning experience awaits you both." Diane Darrow, Tech/Media Librarian and an Apple Distinguished Educator
About the Author
JoAnn Deak, Ph.D. (http://www.deakgroup.com/our-educators/joann-deak-phd/), has spent more than thirty years as an educator and psychologist, helping children develop into confident and competent adults. The latter half of that period has also focused on working with adults, parents, and teachers in their roles as guides or 'neurosculptors' of children.
About the Publisher
Little Pickle Press (http://www.littlepicklepress.com/) is a 21st century publisher dedicated to helping parents and educators cultivate conscious, responsible little people by stimulating explorations of the meaningful topics of their generation through a variety of media, technologies, and techniques.
About the Developer
Invention Arts (http://inventionarts.com/) is responsible for hundreds of patent applications and a range of issued patents. Focus areas include social media, media production and distribution, gaming, virtual property, mobile, electronic commerce, payments, and a range of other Internet applications.
What's New in Version 1.3
* Now works great in iOS 7
* General bug fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: 03 December 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 238 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Little Pickle Press, Inc.
- © 2012, Little Pickle Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.