By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad. Catch up with your favorite channels, enjoy the world’s largest music collection, and share easily with friends. Watch the latest videos and playlists on the couch or on the go.
YouTube, your way
* Discover videos and channels with recommendations just for you
* Cast videos from your phone to Chromecast, other connected TV devices, and game consoles
* Use playlists to save, organize, and share your favorite tracks
Enjoy endless music
* Find songs you love on your new personalized music homepage
* Launch a YouTube Mix, an infinite playlist of songs with unlimited skips
* Explore the world’s music in YouTube’s massive music catalog
What's New in Version 10.07.11524
Stabilization and minor bug fixes.
Get the bugs sorted!
I've had this app on my iPod 4th gen ever since I got it and I've had next to no problems in the past. Only recently (maybe 2-3 months) has the bugs really started to annoy me.
Firstly, whenever I go to rotate the screen to watch a video as a bigger picture, 9/10 times the app seems to crash. Now I don't know if its because my model is one of the oldest apple products you can get now, or whether its to do with something else, but it's just all round irritating.
Secondly, if I go to watch a video off a playlist (whether it be my own or someone else's), the app, again, crashes. I don't know if this is due to what model I have, if it is I apologise for the rant, but if is down to bugs, I suggest you fix it.
So finally, my opinion is that instead of adding unnecessary features (e.g. the date when the video was uploaded), you look at the complaints about bugs and get them sorted first!
Unnecessary Date, plus add messaging.
I have a 5th gen iPod, and this app works mostly fine for me. However a recent update added how long ago a video was uploaded when browsing through videos. I don't feel there's any actual need to know how long ago it was uploaded, especially with such a small ui on comparatively smaller devices such as mine. I'd rather know how many views exactly a video has.
Also while I'm here, something that's bothered me for a bit now is the messaging function being completely absent, it would be nice if we could read and access privately sent messages on devices instead of receiving the email and having no way to respond back.
A lot of improvements needed
Firstly the iOS app is missing a lot of functionality. It doesnt support above 720p on an iPhone at all, it doesnt support 60FPS playback and it hasnt received a material design update to the GUI. In terms of stability, the app is shaky as hell. Sometimes the videos will just freeze if you are browsing for other videos and the audio play only. When you try and revert to an earlier part of the video to solve this, it works for a small while until the video, not the audio, decides to loop back to the beginning of the video whilst playing audio from later on in the video. Get your act together Google
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 23 February 2015
- Version: 10.07.11524
- Size: 32.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.