Watch, stream and discover what the world is watching with YouTube. YouTube gives everyone a voice and a platform to discover the world. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND. PLUS, ACCESS TO ALL YOUTUBE ORIGINALS.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
- Discover original series and movies from today's hottest talent
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: £15.99 / €15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
Fixed what needed fixing and squished some bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good but on huge problem
When I’m watching a video and I I press the button to make the screen smaller there’s a button right next to it which can connect the video to the TV. This is a huge issue because sometimes I accidentally press it and it connects to the telly my parents or grandparents are watching if I don’t press the done button quick enough!! When I was at my grandparents before I was upstairs watching videos and they were downstairs watching telly. I pressed the button on accident because it’s too close to the zoom out button and 2 minutes later I could hear them unplugging the telly from the wall because they thought it was broken. Then I heard my grandma say there gonna get a new telly cause there’s is broke. I only figured out about 10 minutes later it was because I kept accidentally pressing that dang button. Please just move the button so it’s not near the zoom out button at all it would make everything easier
Why did you have to make it terrible Google!!!!
Normally, I would have given this app a 5 stars... Though the new layout, specifically when browsing for videos while watching one is frustrating, ugly and clunky. It's annoying because the new bar instead of box takes up another part of the screen, and having 2cm of option bars is absurd and it obstructs your use of the app. Secondly, the old box playing the video looked nicer and was much simpler to stop playing the video; you could just swipe it away. I would hate this feature ever so slightly less if it was smooth (as smooth as the video box used to be) but it isn't. When you swipe the extra 1cm bar with controls for the video on there is a massive and noticeable delay. The video literally pauses until it is normal size; it makes what I would expect to be a smooth and seamless transition clunky and annoying. I expect more from google to be honest, and I still expect a revert button to be implemented so we (the users) can decide what user interface we want, rather than a focus group deciding (as then everyone is happy, not just the focus group). In conclusion it's a good app, but the new video watching while browsing feature (which is the biggest and was the best feature of the old design) has been ruined to create a large, slow, buggy and difficult to use feature. It was fine before, and the old version actually worked well... please fix this.
Removing video from screen is unintuitive
Such a massive company and they still can’t get this video-in-the corner thing right. Why do you have to slide the main screen to the bottom right in order to make a small screen?
That’s been changed now to a little down ‘chit’ rather than an arrow pointing to where the screen is actually going to end up.
But that’s besides the point. To remove the video altogether, you have to shrink it, then slide it off to the right. It’s just too cryptic and hidden. It’s like they thought the ‘lets-drag-the-screen-to-the-bottom-right-because-its-a-neat-effect’ had to be put in just because they liked it and not because they thought about being intuitive.
So seriously, I’ve had to live with sliding screens to shrink and then swiping it off the screen to remove it for too long. To the point that we’ve gotten used to the absurdity, but are reminded of it every time we need to explain it to a new user.
- Google LLC
- 253.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Premium £15.99
- YouTube Premium £15.99
- Super Chat £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.