By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad. Catch up with your favorite channels, enjoy the world’s largest music collection, and share easily with friends. Watch the latest videos and playlists on the couch or on the go.
YouTube, your way
* Discover videos and channels with recommendations just for you
* Cast videos from your phone to Chromecast, other connected TV devices, and game consoles
* Use playlists to save, organize, and share your favorite tracks
Enjoy endless music
* Find songs you love on your new personalized music homepage
* Launch a YouTube Mix, an infinite playlist of songs with unlimited skips
* Explore the world’s music in YouTube’s massive music catalog
What's New in Version 10.11.11546
Stabilization and minor bug fixes.
This app seems to have the odd tradition of getting slightly worse every time there's an update, the buffer ring tends to stick, and seems to not actually signify when buffering is occurring, more like a sticky pause button. Although I have found changing the video quality selection seems to fix it about 70% of the time, But occasionally it just goes straight to the 'playback error' graphic and you have to restart the app. To be honest I don't know why I keep writing these, it's like they don't even know reviews of this app exist. But on the good side the layout is quite intuitive, and looks rather pleasing, it just isn't very 'stable' as it tends to crash.. quite a bit. I don't know why they keep saying "stabilisation and minor bug fixes" in the update descriptions, it's the biggest lie since....well... the last update description.
Not the best app ever
I would definitely have given this 5 stars if it weren't for the problems I have experienced! Firstly, the video keeps buffering, I have never watched an entire video without it buffering at least once. Then there's the 'playback error' message. This keeps appearing whenever I try to improve the quality. (also, improving the quality to even 720p takes AGES.) The app also occasionally crashes. And finally, it takes ages to load. I've just uninstalled the app and tried reinstalling it just now because, although I have perfect network connection, the app seems to not load and it says 'No network connection', even though when I go to settings, the wifi seems perfectly fine! It seems like after every update, the app gets worse! Please fix this!!
Getting annoying now
I'm not even going to go into the ad's as that's not just the app it's Google in general. My beef is that virtually EVERY time I want to skip through a video on both the iPad and iPhone apps I get the spinning loading wheel in the centre. And it stays like that! The only way to continue with the video is to close it and reopen the same video again but 75% of the time the same thing happens and I go round and round like a gimp (if it bothers to play at all) this has been going on for ages and despite updates pretty much every week you have done bugger all to sort it. Unlike your pre video ads which work bang on every time without fail. Put a bit more money on your services and put a bit less in your pockets!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 26 March 2015
- Version: 10.11.11546
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.