By YouView TV Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The YouView App gives you greater control of YouView while out and about. From the palm of your hand you can scroll through the interactive TV guide that lists over 70 digital TV and radio channels and gives full programme information for the last and next seven days. And never miss your favourite shows again with the YouView record function allowing you to set programmes to record on a YouView+ box from pretty much anywhere in the world.
• TV GUIDE: Your comprehensive listing of everything that was, is and will be on. It stretches seven days back and seven days into the future. Available programmes can be launched on demand* direct from your YouView app
• NOW & NEXT: See which programmes are on Now and Next across all channels
• SEARCH: Seek and you shall find with our simple, speedy search for programmes and channels
• TV CATEGORIES: Get straight to what you want by browsing TV and radio programmes by genre
• PROGRAMME INFORMATION: Get more information on a programme and see which episodes are available to watch on demand
• REMOTE RECORD: Record programmes or series to watch later with your YouView app. Ready to watch when you get home from your busy day
• BOOKINGS LIST: Check the status of your remote record requests
• REMINDERS: Set yourself a programme reminder so you never miss your favourite show again
• CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES: Connect up to 5 devices to your YouView+ box so all the family can record on the go.
*Selected programmes from the previous and next 7 days will be available to watch on demand
Mobile Devices: Compatible with Apple devices running iOS8 or later.
The YouView App can be connected to YouView+ boxes which are available subscription free from all major retailers or as part of a phone and broadband package from BT and TalkTalk.
Connecting the app to your YouView+ box:
• Download the app to your iPhone or iPad from the App Store
• Make sure your TV and YouView set-top box are switched on, and your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same network
• Press ‘Connect’ and your app will search for your YouView box
• When your YouView box is found simply hit ‘Next’. If you have multiple YouView boxes, follow the instruction on screen to select the box you want to connect to
• Pick up your remote control, confirm the connection and look at the app highlights while you wait to be connected.
That’s it – device and box should become best of friends.
Once the app is connected successfully, you will then be able to view the TV guide and set recordings on your YouView+ box.
Remote recording requests should be set at least 15 minutes before the programme starts.
Please note your selected programme will be recorded if it does not clash with other recordings, and you have space available on your YouView+ box.
The YouView App is free, but mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
Use of the app is subject to our Application Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://www.youview.com/terms-conditions/mobileapp/ Please read these before using the app.
For information visit: http://youview.com/mobileapp
YouView TV Ltd Website YouView Support
What's New in Version 9.0
This update to the YouView App includes:
• Reminders – never miss the start of your favourite programmes again, set a reminder and get notified later before the show starts.
• Bug fixes.
Does not work
Connects to my youview receiver software, thereafter it won't do anything except put up a spinner and then a message about a technical issue, try again later. Trying later gives the same result. I hope this gets fixed, it used to work before the upgrades.