The YouView App gives you greater control of your YouView set top box while you’re out and about. From the palm of your hand you can scroll through the Guide that lists over 70 digital TV and radio channels and gives full programme information for the last and next seven days. And never miss your favourite shows again with the Record and Reminder functions.
• TV GUIDE: Your comprehensive list of everything that was, is and will be on. It stretches seven days back and seven days into the future. Available programmes can be launched on demand* direct from your YouView App
• REMOTE RECORD: Record programmes or series to watch later with your YouView App. Ready to watch when you get home from your busy day
• MYTV: Check the status of your remote record requests, access the full list of all your recordings and scheduled recordings and watch on demand, a selection of available programmes from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and My5
• REMINDERS: Set yourself a programme reminder so you never miss your favourite show again
• SEARCH: Seek and you shall find with our simple, speedy search for programmes
• NOW & NEXT: See which programmes are on Now and Next across all channels
• TV CATEGORIES: Get straight to what you want by browsing TV and radio programmes by genre
• PROGRAMME INFORMATION: Get more information on a programme and see which episodes are available to watch on demand
• CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES: Connect all your mobile devices to your YouView+ box so all the family can record on the go
*Selected programmes from the previous and next 7 days will be available to watch on demand
Mobile Devices: Compatible with Apple devices running iOS 9.0 and above.
The YouView App can be connected to YouView+ boxes which are available subscription free from all major retailers or as part of a phone and broadband package from BT, TalkTalk and Plusnet.
Connecting the app to your YouView+ box:
• Download the App to your iPhone or iPad from the App Store
• Make sure your TV and YouView set-top box are switched on, and your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same network
• Press ‘Connect’ and your App will search for your YouView box
• When your YouView box is found simply hit ‘Next’. If you have multiple YouView boxes, follow the instruction on screen to select the box you want to connect to
• Pick up your remote control, confirm the connection and look at the App highlights while you wait to be connected
That’s it – device and box should become best of friends.
Remote recording requests should be set at least 15 minutes before the programme starts.
Please note your selected programme will be recorded if it does not clash with other recordings, and you have space available on your YouView+ box.
The YouView App is free, but mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
Use of the app is subject to our Application Terms and Conditions, which can be found at https://www.youview.com/terms-conditions/mobile-terms/ Please read these before using the App.
• The Bookings section is now located within MyTV: A single area to check the status of your recording requests, scheduled recordings and recorded programmes
• We’ve removed the loading splash screen to make it even faster to launch the app
• Support for iPhone X screen layout
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Works well. Few quirks
Good app. Working well.
Would be good if
- the app icon had a notification number when recording classes occur as don’t always see/get the notification messages.
- could filter movies by name in the discover section so I don’t have to scroll through every occurrence of every film for the next week. Alphabetical list would be better. Then click for details and times. Also maybe filter by year (ie don’t show films older than 1980, for example)
- for some reason it keeps telling me a recording in future has failed. Even if my YouView box doesn’t. Not sure why the app knows something the box doesn’t. Or why the app doesn’t alert you other than when you look at your listings.
-would be good to filter out channels I don’t have.
- clicking on a recording or recorded program should take you to the program details. At the minute You have to manually navigate through the planner to get episode details
A once okay app, slowly getting worse
This app used to be okay, it would list my edited Guide from the TV and I could remotely record programs when i was away rom home. Now, however, the App shows stations I do not subscribe to or have hidden and more often than not shows that i have programmed to record have come back with Failed to Record messages.
Also it would be nice to put station numbers on the channels so you can check the App while watching the TV then switching straight to the desired station, rather than trying to squint at the TV Guide.
YouView App Fails to find my BT TV Box
YouView app used to work with my BT TV set top box. Recently had to swap it out after the box develop a fault, but the YouView app now fails to find the new box. I know the new BT TV box is correctly connected to the network, because I can see it’s details in both the routers arp and dhcp caches, and I can ping the device. I even rebooted the router the clear out details of the old BT TV box. I am now using the BT TV IOS app which connected to the BT TV box first time. It includes the same TV listing and remote recording functionality as the YouView app, plus you can watch any of your subscribed BT’s internet provided TV channels on your iPad.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.