Ypres WWI Tour
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This is a self guided audio tour of key World War I sites in and around the Ypres Salient.
The tour is divided into three short, self-contained excursions, which you can choose to follow in any order. These are: The Town of Ypres, the Front to the South East of the Town, and the Front to the North East of the Town.
Amongst the 20 points of interest covered in this tour, highlights include:
- World famous memorial to WWI, Menin Gate.
- The Lille Gate, in the oldest surviving part of the Ypres Salient.
- Hellfire Corner, once notoriously known as the "most dangerous corner on earth".
- Essex Farm Cemetery, resting place of Joe Strudwick and where John McCrae wrote In Flanders Fields.
What's New in Version 1.1
Improved iPad compatibility
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 02 January 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 140 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: imagineear Ltd
- © imagineear
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.