New Yr on iPhone and iPad is different from anything else you’ve seen in weather forecasting: Scroll through a beautiful and animated sky to see how the weather changes hourly, and get all the need-to-know details at the same time.
The weather visualization makes it a fun experience to check the weather – even when it’s raining!
Forecasts are delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute.
NEW APP FEATURES:
• Weather conditions in a visualized 48-hour forecast, with animated clouds, rain, snow and fog + details about wind, temperature and severe weather warnings.
• Long term forecast in table – hour by hour the first three days.
• Graph with more details on weather, temperature, wind and pressure.
• Live 90-minute precipitation forecast – our most accurate and updated rain forecast (only in Norway).
• Weather summary text.
• Choose the look of your widget
• Easy navigation between sky view, table and graph.
• Weather from 10 million places around the world with option to save your favorite places.
ABOUT US: Yr is a weather service jointly produced by NRK and the Norwegian Meteorological Institute. Our primary goals are to secure life and property, while delivering useful and accurate weather forecasts to our users, preparing them for all kinds of weather. This year we are celebrating our ten-year anniversary, and with millions of users every day we are proud of being one of the most popular weather services in the world.
- Apple Watch Series 4 support.
- Fixed issue where watch failed to synchronize settings.
- Fixed position reported as being along the equator when it wasn't.
Ratings and Reviews
As a cyclist, mountaineer and generally as someone who spends a lot time being a human outside, this app perfectly illustrates in different tactile ways, the weather forecast.
I can’t express enough how the Sky, Tables, Graph thing is immensely illustrative and intuitive, providing a simple and easy to assimilate demonstration of the up coming weather.
In a world of apparently novel expression through different app designs YR have truly created a breathtakingly novel app that reaches out to everyone. Just look at the demo and give it a try.
Accurate and beautiful!
Wow! I’ve used a large variety of weather apps over the last decade and this one I can unequivocally say is brilliant. It has a high percentage of accuracy across various metrics, is incredibly easy to use and looks beautiful!
Looks better than previous version but...
I’ve been using the YR app on a daily basis since 2010 but that will probably stop now. The useful features of the old app, namely being able to check the next couple of days’ forecast, cloud cover and wind speed in different locations are gone and instead there’s a fancy looking interface that’s even less useful than apples own weather app. Sad to see this (previously) great app go.
- Norsk Rikskringkasting As
- 135.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007-2018 NRK
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.