By e4c Solutions, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ZANSHIN is a martial arts strategic combat app. Fight in 1 player mode against the CPU or against a friend in 2 player mode over Bluetooth.
It has been featured both on the worldwide iTunes (PC/Mac) App Store's GAMES->WHAT'S HOT list and the App Store's HOT NEW GAMES list in December!!
WHAT REVIEWS ARE SAYING:
nodpad.com: "Gameplay: The effort the developers put into this game is quite noticeable."…"realism in a fighting game is necessary to attract someone, and Zanshin is full of it. It's probably the best and most realistic martial arts tournament combat game I've ever seen"
LuthienT: "I am very impressed with this game. I love that it is accessible to a newby but allows for much more advanced play as you gain skill. This is a lot of game for the money."
kung_fool: "I've been waiting for a simulation-style martial arts game on the iPhone, and among the sea of sound-boards and 8-bit arcade clones, only Zanshin scratches that itch."
Upcoming ZANSHIN Version 1.2 will be a big update. Some enhancements include: new fight moves, new backgrounds, new audio, updated controls, new mini games, new gameplay mode options, and a couple of surprises.
Welcome to ZANSHIN - a new martial arts strategic combat app for the iPhone and iPod Touch!! In the game, players must train and compete to prove their skill, knowledge and mastery of the martial arts. Fight in the dojo or around the countryside settings to see who the best is. Are you ready?
- Colorful Graphics and Deep Gameplay Mechanics
- 27 Unique Directional and Combat Moves to MOVE, EVADE, ATTACK and BLOCK
- Take on a Friend in Two Player Mode (over Bluetooth)!!!
- Play against the AI in Single Player Mode!!!
- Three (3) gameplay modes: Tournament, Free Play, and Marathon (Survival)
- 6 Different Control Configurations (Beginner to Expert) for gradually learning gameplay and strategy
- Personalized Controller Configuration exclusively for FL (Expert) Game Controllers
- Personalized Sound Effects (Taunts and fighting sounds)
- Practice Screen
- Three (3) levels of A.I. difficulty - Easy, Medium, Hard
- Use strategy to defeat your opponent. There is a counter to any favorite move.
- Included in-app QUICKPLAY instructions
- Detailed instructions are at: www.e4csolutions.com/zanshin
- Players may compete in single player mode (against the A.I.) or in two player mode with a friend (via Bluetooth) in point style or free style competitions. Single players may also compete against an unlimited number of opponents in Marathon Mode to see how long they can last without succumbing to a hit. Two player gaming IS CURRENTLY NOT SUPPORTED ON FIRST GENERATION iPHONE and iPOD TOUCHES. IT IS SUPPORTED ON ALL OTHERS.
- Six (6) different controller configurations can be used to play the game. Beginning and intermediate players can use the EZ and LT versions of the D-Pad Buttons or Swipes controls to fight with a small but highly effective set of 8 directional and attack moves. Advanced players will use the D-Pad Buttons FL (FULL) or Swipes FL (FULL) controls to access the complete set of twenty-five (25) directional and attack moves. The FL (FULL) controls allows re-mapping of control gestures to preferred attack moves. WHEN FIRST INSTALLED, THE CONTROLS ARE SET TO THE BUTTONS EZ CONTROLLER!! Decide on your controller of choice!!
- Personalized audio is NOT SUPPORTED ON FIRST GENERATION iPHONE and iPOD TOUCHES. IT IS SUPPORTED ON ALL OTHERS.
What's New in Version 1.1
- BACK THROW - a throw that is hard to execute in a real fight, the "classic" Captain James T. Kirk throw.
- HIP THROW - a popular martial arts throw.
- "Dodge" Mini Game - dodge/destroy jars thrown at you
- Game control and gameplay enhancements
- Menu enhancements for Ease of Use
Lovely animation of the characters and the combat is good once you get to grips with it. However, there are eonly 5 back drops and two characters despite the huge number of levels. Would love to see more variety of scenery, more character types and even, if possible different traditional styles of karate, kung fu etc.
A brilliant game, great price and great gameplay. I cannot wait for future updates and the "hidden suprise" promised in V1.2. The inclusion of weapons would be amazing, but obviously difficult to put in.
Truely awfull game. I would rather rub vics in my eyes
- Category: Games
- Updated: 22 December 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Edgar Abadines
- © 2009 e4c solutions, llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.