Zap-Map: Charging points for EVs in UK
By Next Green Car Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Zap-Map enables EV drivers to locate and navigate to charging points across the UK. With over 4,000 locations, 6,000 devices and 11,000 connectors mapped, Zap-Map shows charge points from both the major networks and smaller providers across the UK.
Over 20,000 updates have been made by EV drivers across the UK since Jan 2016. Add to the conversation and post updates as you charge for the good of all.
NEW FEATURE DEC 2016
Dynamic (live) device and connector status data direct from networks. Currently showing dynamic data for POLAR network, with other networks to follow in early 2017.
Map showing 4,000+ electric car charging locations, 6,000+ devices and 11,000+ connectors across the UK. Updated regularly through data feeds, Zap-Chat community layer and desk research.
- Community feature “Zap-Chat” allowing you to a successful charge, update charge point status and add photos/comments and "last mile" info for the benefit of the EV community. Updates can be made directly onto the app, and are shown at both the charge point and as a continuous stream at site level.
- List view of the above, including the charge point's distance from your current or chosen location. Basic list view also available in off-line mode.
- Advanced filters enabling filtering by any combination of EV model, connectors, speed, network and access. Now includes Tesla destination chargers (7kW, 11kW, 22kW).
- Charge point info on all points including network, location, charging power, connector type, access and contact details
- Favourites – facility to ‘favourite’ points, which can then be viewed on the map or a list on any device. Quickly review the favourites list to see if any of your frequently used points have new comments or status updates.
- Navigate to a chosen charge point using native navigation app (via Apple Maps)
Zap-Map, providing charging point information in the UK since 2011, is dedicated to providing the best information to help electric car drivers find and use charging points in the UK. The UK market is complex and Zap-Map aims to help demystify the market with the ability to filter charge points by various different criteria.
More information on charging point connectors, charge point networks, charging point statistics, electric cars and all the latest news can be found on the website at https://www.zap-map.com
Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/zap_map
Like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zap-Map/
Add a rating and comment on iTunes
Contact us with issues or features suggestions on firstname.lastname@example.org
Data licensing: http://www.zap-map.com/terms/data-licensing/
Terms and conditions: http://www.zap-map.com/terms/
What's New in Version 2.05
Now includes dynamic (live) data to show status of charge points directly from the charge point networks [Beta].
Blue status codes indicate dynamic data - solid circle for Charging, blue cross for Available to use.
Launching dynamic data with POLAR network, with more networks and new features to follow in early 2017.
Great app but has a little bug
So this app is invaluable. Don't have car play but hope it would integrate with maps.
One bug. Every time I go to comments on a charger run by Polar the app crashes out. A fix would be great. Hoping you guys read this
So far, app is unusable. Despite the app showing in Settings as enabled for location services, in use it claims I have locations disabled and won't search for nearest charge points. Can't register as I just get 'Error' without any explanation. Final gripe: if I need 9 characters for a password, tell me before I hit 'Register', not afterwards!
Live data from polar network is really useful. No EV driver should be without it