Zap-Map enables EV drivers to locate and navigate to charging points across the UK. With over 6000 locations, 10000 devices and 16,000 connectors mapped, Zap-Map shows charge points from both the major networks and smaller providers across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
With live status data from many networks, an active user base and many features including a route planner, Zap-Map is the go to app for EV drivers.
- Map showing 6000+ electric car charging locations, 10000+ devices and 16,000+ connectors across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Updated regularly through dynamic network data feeds, Zap-Chat community layer and desk research.
- Dynamic network status is available for points on the POLAR, Charge Your Car, GeniePoint, Source London, ESB EV Solutions, ecarni, ESB ecars, EV Driver, TfL, Franklin Energy, ubitricity and char.gy with more networks being added shortly. Status updates now show both network dynamic status (in blue) plus latest update on the charge point from Zap-Map users or network bots.
- Route planner allows you to locate suitable stops on your electric journey. Default to the standard settings for a 'quick plan' or adjust the driver and charger search options to create a customised plan.
- Community feature “Zap-Chat” allows you to add successful charge, update charge point status, report ICEd, add photos/comments and "last mile" info for the benefit of the EV community. Zap-Chat now also has a "cafe" area where you can ask questions or chat with other Zap-Map users.
- List view of the above, including the charge point's distance from your current or chosen location.
- Advanced filters enabling filtering by any combination of connectors, speed, network, location type and access.
- EV Model filters allowing users to filter by saved vehicle model, plus User filters where users can save any combination of above filters
- Charge point info on all points including status (network or Zap-Map user), network, location, charging power, connector type, pricing, access and contact details
- Favourites facility allowing you to view your favourites on the map or a list on any device. Use the favourites filter on Zap-Chat to see any new comments / status changes on your favourite points.
- Account section allows you to edit avatar, display name, EV model and contact preferences
- Zap-Home / Zap-Work - add your Home or Work charger to Zap-Map to enable peer to peer sharing for free or a small charge. Ability to add photos and directly edit information held.
- Add a public point - add new points through the wizard, points will be reviewed by the Zap-Map data team and then added to Zap-Map.
- Map view and summary charge point info also available in offline mode
Zap-Map, providing charging point information in the UK since 2011, is focused on providing the best data, tools and community to help new and experienced EV drivers get the most out of their electric vehicle.
More information on charging point connectors, charge point networks, charging point statistics, electric cars and all the latest news can be found on the website at https://www.zap-map.com
Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/zap_map
Like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zap-Map/
Contact us with issues or features suggestions on email@example.com
Terms and conditions: http://www.zap-map.com/terms-and-conditions/
Data licensing: http://www.zap-map.com/terms/data-licensing/
* Fixed issue in creating a route with Waypoints
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
When I use zap map on my iPad and I click on an icon to open the info window, I can’t see all the info listed. It seems okay on the iPhone.
The info is cut off at the bottom, this makes it nigh on useless to search for any electric points.
Good - could be better
I've only used this a few times so I'm still finding out how useful it is in the real world. Yes it does tell you where all the available charging posts are located. The caveat is that in my limited experience it's not really useful if the spaces in front of the charging points are occupied by non-ev vehicles. Very few of the places I've tried have had any signage limiting the spaces to electric vehicles. It would be easier to assess the likelihood of both point and space being available if there was a suitable warning for each location.
Good app but problems with latest update
I like this app I use it all the time but with the latest update I can't seem to login into my account. I enter the user name and password press the button to login and the app does nothing, is anyone else having this problem??? Overall it has been a great app.
Had very quick response from the developers and they sorted the problem out for me, thanks for your assistance guys.
Thanks for the great feedback. Sorry, you have had trouble logging into the app. We are aware of this issue which we are working to resolve. In the meantime, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you used to register so we can manually fix your account. Thanks, Caragh
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.