Zap-Map enables EV drivers to locate and navigate to charging points across the UK. With over 6000 locations, 11000 devices and 19,000 connectors mapped, Zap-Map shows charge points from both the major networks and smaller providers across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
With live status data from many networks, an active user base and many features including a route planner, Zap-Map is the go to app for EV drivers.
- Map showing 6000+ electric car charging locations, 11000+ devices and 19,000+ connectors across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Updated regularly through dynamic network data feeds, Zap-Chat community layer and desk research.
- Dynamic network status is available for points on the POLAR, Charge Your Car, GeniePoint, Source London, ESB EV Solutions, ecarni, ESB ecars, EV Driver, TfL, Franklin Energy, ubitricity, char.gy, Engenie and Alfa Power with more networks being added shortly. Status updates now show both network dynamic status (in blue) plus latest update on the charge point from Zap-Map users or network bots.
- Route planner allows you to locate suitable stops on your electric journey. Default to the standard settings for a 'quick plan' or adjust the driver and charger search options to create a customised plan.
- Community feature “Zap-Chat” allows you to add successful charge, update charge point status, report ICEd, add photos/comments and "last mile" info for the benefit of the EV community. Zap-Chat now also has a "cafe" area where you can ask questions or chat with other Zap-Map users.
- List view of the above, including the charge point's distance from your current or chosen location.
- Advanced filters enabling filtering by any combination of connectors, speed, network, location type and access.
- EV Model filters allowing users to filter by saved vehicle model, plus User filters where users can save any combination of above filters
- Charge point info on all points including status (network or Zap-Map user), network, location, charging power, connector type, pricing, access and contact details
- Favourites facility allowing you to view your favourites on the map or a list on any device. Use the favourites filter on Zap-Chat to see any new comments / status changes on your favourite points.
- Account section allows you to edit avatar, display name, EV model and contact preferences
- Zap-Home / Zap-Work - add your Home or Work charger to Zap-Map to enable peer to peer sharing for free or a small charge. Ability to add photos and directly edit information held.
- Add a public point - add new points through the wizard, points will be reviewed by the Zap-Map data team and then added to Zap-Map.
- Map view and summary charge point info also available in offline mode
Zap-Map, providing charging point information in the UK since 2011, is focused on providing the best data, tools and community to help new and experienced EV drivers get the most out of their electric vehicle.
More information on charging point connectors, charge point networks, charging point statistics, electric cars and all the latest news can be found on the website at https://www.zap-map.com
Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/zap_map
Like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zap-Map/
Contact us with issues or features suggestions on email@example.com
Terms and conditions: http://www.zap-map.com/terms-and-conditions/
Data licensing: http://www.zap-map.com/terms/data-licensing/
Ratings and Reviews
Go to App for Finding Charging Locations
This is my go to app for finding EV charging locations. It’s great that it covers most if not all the different charging companies EV chargers in the UK. Love the ability to report issues which some vendor specific apps don’t even offer. New chargers seem to be added quickly too. Although my iPhone version does not display my nearest charging point yet the iPad app version does.
Developer Response ,
Hi Yawn - thanks for your feedback, glad you are finding Zap-Map useful. Noted re: display of points on iphone vs. ipad - we will investigate. Thks ZM
The intentions are great but the App appears to have endless difficulties refreshing its data. Charging points appear on the map, then simply disappear as you move around. Very frustrating. Similarly the route finder seems to give highly varying results for exactly the same query. Accessing the App via ultrafast fibre broadband with 300Mb/S WiFi so it’s not my end!
Just starting the electric car revolution, and Zip-Map has the answers, especially with locations of charging points etc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.