Top SongsSee All
Essential AlbumSee All
Music VideosSee All
Artist PlaylistsSee All
Singles & EPsSee All
Appears OnSee All
About Dizzee Rascal
British rapper and producer Dizzee Rascal’s 2003 debut album, Boy in da Corner, defined grime music and brought the London scene to international attention.
• Rascal got his start in his early teens as an amateur DJ in the drum 'n' bass scene, rapping on pirate radio stations. He produced his first single, “I Luv U”, at age 16.
• Boy in da Corner earned Rascal rave reviews and the 2003 Mercury Prize.
• The rapper’s fourth album, 2009’s pop-minded Tongue n’ Cheek, yielded three No. 1 singles in the UK—four if you count “Dirtee Disco”, which appeared on the deluxe edition.
• With his sixth album, 2016's Raskit, Rascal traded radio-friendly pop for a sparser, more aggressive sound reminiscent of his early work.
• He’s had a longstanding feud with his former mentor and fellow grime pioneer Wiley. The bad blood stems from a 2003 incident that resulted in Rascal getting stabbed by a rival crew.
• Dizzee has collaborated with everyone from Basement Jaxx and Calvin Harris to Beck and Arctic Monkeys.
- London, England
- 18 Sep 1984
Similar ArtistsSee All