Coastal California Travel Guide
including guides to San Francisco, Disneyland, San Diego and more
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Coastal California is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ride the cable car around San Francisco, discover hidden hot springs along the rocky Big Sur coast, or unleash your inner child at Disneyland; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Coastal California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Coastal California Travel Guide:
- • Color maps and images throughout
- • Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- • Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- • Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- • Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- • Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, art, literature, film, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- • Over 71 local maps
- • Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Children
- • Coverage of San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Disneyland, Orange County, the Central Coast, Marin County, the Bay Area, Napa, Sonoma, the North Coast, Anaheim, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- • Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- • Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- • Seamlessly flip between pages
- • Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- • Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- • Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- • Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- • Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- • Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Coastal California, our most comprehensive guide to Coastal California, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- • Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco or Los Angeles, San Diego and Southern California? Check out Lonely Planet’s San Francisco guide or Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer or Lonely Planet’s Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city’s most popular attractions.
- • Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s California guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer or Lonely Planet’s Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state’s most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Andrew Bender, Alison Bing, Nate Cavalieri, Bridget Gleeson, Beth Kohn, and John A Vlahides.
You could ignore the exaggerated descriptions and sometimes poorly researched advice if this book functioned properly but it doesn't. After multiple re-installs, it continues to crash shortly after opening it. Not a very useful feature. I wouldn't recommend buying it!
- Category: United States
- Published: 16 June 2012
- Publisher: Lonely Planet
- Print Length: 50 Pages
- Language: English