DK Natural History Reptiles and Amphibians
Dorling Kindersley Ltd
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iPad, and with iTunes on your computer. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iPad. Books with interactive features may work best on an iPad. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
DK Natural History: Reptiles and Amphibians takes a fascinating and in-depth look at the world of reptiles and amphibians. A comprehensive introduction places them in the context of other living things, and an extensive catalogue features hundreds of full colour photographs showcasing a dazzling array of these incredible creatures. From the panther chameleon to the Cuban crocodile, hundreds of individual specimens are profiled in incredible detail, each accompanied by clear, concise text and key data.
Designed especially for the iPad, DK Natural History: Reptiles and Amphibians brings the subject to life like never before, and offers an amazing range of interactive features, including:
- Audio so you can listen to wild sounds, including hissing cobras and rattlesnakes
- Videos capturing the action and drama of the natural world from swimming snakes to flying frogs
- Interactive galleries revealing further details and putting reptiles and amphibians at your fingertips
DK Natural History: Reptiles and Amphibians includes:
- Over 128 interactive and illustrated pages
- A comprehensive introduction explaining how reptiles and amphibians fit into the natural world, which also includes the amphibian life cycle
- Hundreds of crystal-clear photographs, many specially commissioned
- Contextual images
This is the ultimate visual guide for home, school and college, as well the ideal gift for every nature lover.
DK Natural History: Reptiles and Amphibians forms part of an ongoing series that is a landmark in illustrated reference publishing. The complete series offers an unrivalled visual survey of Earth's natural history, giving a clear overview of the natural world with over 6,000 species featured.