Embryology at a Glance
Samuel Webster & Rhiannon de Wreede
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Embryology at a Glance is a highly illustrated and innovative introduction to key embryological concepts, with concise, memorable descriptions of major embryological developments. This new edition covers the basic principles of human development, from mitosis and meiosis, before exploring the primary formation of each body system, including the development of the musculoskeletal, circulatory, digestive, reproductive, and nervous systems during the foetal and neonatal periods.
Key features include:
• New chapters on cell signalling genes, stem cells, and antenatal screening for common congenital and genetic defects
• Full colour photographs and illustrations
• Links to clinical practice highlighted throughout
• Timelines of each developmental stage
• MCQs and EMQs for revision and review
• A companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/embryology featuring 15 brand new animations, and podcasts to help clearly explain the processes that occur during development. An additional instructor resource contains an image bank of all the figures from the book to aid teaching this fascinating area
Embryology at a Glance provides the perfect alternative to the overwhelming detail seen in conventional embryology texts. It provides just the right level of detail on embryology and congenital abnormalities for all medical students and health professionals to develop a thorough understanding of human development and its implications for clinical practice.