Explore the Inca Trail
Jacquetta Megarry & Roy Davies
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Based on a full-colour rucksack-friendly printed guidebook, this fixed-format ebook respects the original page layouts, while also enabling instant cross-references, searchable text and web links. Pinch-and-zoom allows the user to expand maps and graphics.
The third edition of our popular guidebook contains everything you need to plan and enjoy hiking a choice of three Inca Trails to Machu Picchu in Peru. It was last revised in 2011 with fresh photographs and information updated with help from John Hemming. Step-by-step sections cover the Classic trail (4-5 days), the longer, more strenuous trek from Mollepata (6-7 days) and the Shortest option (2 days). It includes:
- site plan of Machu Picchu ruins
- description of Machu Picchu, with side-trips and photographs
- background on Inca culture and stonework, and on modern Peru
- extended section on Andean wildlife
- advice on planning and preparation, including packing checklist
- updated details on recent Trail regulations
- medical advice on how to prevent and manage altitude symptoms
- phrasebook in Spanish, Quechua and English
- drop-down map showing three variants of the Inca Trail
- in full colour, with 80 photographs