GCSE Additional Science Revision Guide
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
This multi-touch book for Additional Science GCSE revision ('A' specs) is the latest in our popular series of Science apps and eBooks.
Students have described our first app, 'GCSE Science Revison Guide', as “brilliant”, “subtly superb” and “so useful” … Don’t take our word for it, check out the 40+ reviews on the app store for yourself.
FEATURES THAT MAKE THIS BOOK UNIQUE ARE:
* Dozens of proper practice questions in the style of the written exams – the final third of the book provides full model answers, repeating the questions again for easy reference.
* Covers the full Additional Science syllabus to the depth and breadth needed for proper understanding … yet does this succinctly, via a unique layout based on short, snappy bullet points.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
* An optimum text size, easy to read both on iPad Mini and iPad. Highlighting text, making your own notes and adding bookmarks are straightforward on either screen size.
* All the major awarding bodies’ specifications are fully covered – AQA, OCR (21st Century), and Edexcel.
* Clear navigation and hyperlinks at chapter level, section level and sub-section level take you to any part of your syllabus in a few simple taps.
* A full glossary with study cards adds further value – dip in and brush up on any aspect of Additional Science whenever you like, wherever you have your iPad.
∼ Contents ∼
1 Atomic structure and bonding
2 How structure affects the properties of a substance
3 Chemical calculations and instrumental analysis
4 Energy and rates of chemical reactions
5 Acids, alkalis and salts
6 Chemicals from the Earth
7 Forces and motion
8 Forces, energy and momentum
10 Mains electricity
12 Nuclear fission and fusion
13 Cells, tissues and organs
14 Organisms and their environment
15 Proteins and enzymes
16 Aerobic and anaerobic respiration
17 Cells, genetics, and the evolution of life
18 The brain and behaviour
What's New in Version 1.2
Minor typos corrected