GCSE Science Revision Guide
GCSE Science Revision Guides - Unit 1
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
This is the multi-touch textbook edition of our popular and positively reviewed app, ‘GCSE Science Revision Guide’, covering Science 'A' Unit 1.
Students describe the app as “brilliant”, “subtly superb” and “so useful” … Don’t take our word for it, check out the 40+ reviews on the app store for yourself.
FEATURES THAT MAKE THIS BOOK UNIQUE ARE:
* More than 100 proper practice questions in the style of the written exams – the final third of the book provides full model answers, repeating the questions again for easy reference.
* Covers the full Unit 1 syllabus to the depth and breadth needed for proper understanding … yet does this succinctly, via a unique layout based on short, snappy bullet points.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
* An optimum text size, easy to read both on iPad Mini and iPad. Highlighting text, making your own notes and adding bookmarks are straightforward on either screen size.
* All the major awarding bodies’ Science ‘A’ Unit 1 specifications are fully covered – AQA, OCR (21st Century), and Edexcel.
* Clear navigation and hyperlinks at chapter level, section level and sub-section level take you to any part of your syllabus in a few simple taps.
* A full glossary with study cards adds further value – dip in and brush up on any aspect of Science ‘A’ Unit 1 whenever you like, wherever you have your iPad.
∼ Contents ∼
1 Keeping healthy
2 Control and coordination
3 Drugs and medicine
4 Adaptation and interdependence
5 Energy and biomass in food systems
6 Plant and animal waste
7 Genetics and inheritance
8 Theory of evolution
9 Fundamentals of chemistry
10 Key chemicals in our lives
12 Fuels and other hydrocarbons
13 Polymers and other modern materials
14 Plant oils
15 The Earth’s crust and atmosphere
16 Energy transfer by heat
17 Energy generation and efficiency
18 Electricity for everyday use
19 Waves and the electromagnetic spectrum
20 Earth in the Universe
What's New in Version 1.5