Handbook for A2 Physics
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Please note that this book was designed only as an iBooks Textbook, no other format exists and it is only available for sale on the iBooks Store. You will therefore need to pay careful attention to the Requirements section on this page to ensure you can view this book on your device.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This book is an interactive multitouch and media rich resource for students studying physics A2-Level. It is an ideal aid to learning physics, a reference throughout your course and a helpful revision resource in the run up to exams. It contains content adapted from OCR’s A2 Physics A specification to provide an overview of the essential content for the whole course. Additionally there are sections on key graphs and practical applications of physics – with quality diagrams to illustrate.
The specification overviews are grouped according to OCR's assessed units for GCE A2 Physics A (i.e. G484, G485 and G486). There are also sections on the mathematical requirements for the course, help with transposing equations and links to physics resources that encourage deeper independent learning (often beyond the scope of the A-Level) and foster a greater interest in physics.
1. Essential content for the OCR A2 Physics A course.
2. Built in glossary of key terms with links embedded into the content overviews to enhance the usefulness of the overview.
3. Instant study cards based on the pre built glossary – plus any further notes you make.
4. Annotated graphs that you need to be familiar with.
5. Annotated diagrams of practical applications of physics relevant to each unit.
6. Animations of physics concepts.
7. Links to interesting physics websites and videos to stretch your learning.
8. Hyperlinks between relevant content.
9. Help section for key mathematical concepts.
10. Review questions to check your understanding.
This book is not endorsed by OCR. Some sections include OCR content which has been used with permission and remains © OCR 2013. For more details please see the copyright notice on page ii.
I am constantly seeking to improve my resources. Please send me any ideas you have for new features or to tell me about any other animations or images that you would like to see included. I can be contacted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Twitter (@lscphysics), or via my website: www.lscphysics.wix.com/home. I consider all requests and implement what I can!
What's New in Version 1.9.3
By jove, a new animation! The gamma camera joins the ranks of existing animations for medical imaging techniques. I’ve adjusted the layout of content around the animation too, so that the animations are not too far from the relevant content.
A fab interactive study guide and companion to A-level physics! Really brings physics to life and immerses you in the magic of science. A must have for any student! Five stars and two thumbs up!!
- Category: Physics
- Published: 16 December 2013
- Publisher: Daniel Wilson
- Print Length: 77 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 1.9.3