Dr B. R. Suhas
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
by Dr B.R. Suhas
Our ancient texts are a virtual treasure-trove of wise sayings, and teachings on correct living.
And this book is an attempt to draw on this inexhaustible wealth.
Here is a collection of Subhashitas (noble sayings in Sanskrit).
These sayings reveal a simple, down-to-earth philosophy and convey important morals for the common people with enlightening examples from Nature.
Material has been drawn fom celebrated ancient thinkers and philosophers such as Kalidasa, Bhavabhuti, Kalhana, Bhartrihari and others.
This book brings together many of their noble sayings with translation and elaboration in simple English.
Material for the book has also been sourced from the Vedas, Upanishads, Mahabharata, Ramayana, Puranas, Panchatantra, Hitopadesha, Neeti Shataka and other celebrated works.
Besides being enjoyable reading, the book shows the path to true happiness and contentment.
Some Immortal Sayings:
• The Sun is red at the time of rising, and red at the time of setting too. Similarly, noble peole remain same at the time of happiness or distress.
• Mean-minded people discriminate between people as their own and others. For noble men, however, the whole world forms their family.
• One must accept sorrow as one accepts happiness - for happiness and sorrow come rotating like a wheel.
• People blinded by anger disregard those who have worked for them, hurt holy men and harm themselves. What more can they do?
• Fie upon a man who lives without helping others. Hail the animals, for they serve even after their death, by their skin.
• Mind wanders everywhere like an intoxicated elephant. Intelligence with God-like knowledge, stops the wandering of the mind and calms it down.
About The Author:
A doctor by profession, Dr B.R. Suhas is also an amateur singer and an accomplished writer- truly a personality of varied interests.
He is currently practising in Bangalore.
With an ardent interest in literature, he has penned many articles and authored around 20 books covering a wide range of subjects like health, Indian mythology, children’s literature, biographies, wildlife, and collections of inspiring sayings and quotations.