Informal Learning in the Workplace
Unmasking Human Resource Development
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Informal learning has become an extremely important issue as post-industrial workplaces seek to harness its productive potential. Managers and HRD practitioners have attempted to deploy informal learning in the design of corporate cultures, however, most discussions of the subject have tended to be uncritical expositions which do not challenge the underlying economic, philosophical and organisational rationale. Uniquely, this book goes against this tendency. It critically examines definitions of informal learning, and focuses on its application in a variety of workplace contexts. It features:
* theories of informal learning
* the unmasking of contemporary corporate rhetoric
* the implications for accounts of workplace learning of poststructuralist and post-modern perspectives.
Incorporating case studies based on interviews with practising managers and HRM practitioners, and a detailed glossary of key concepts and issues, this book will be a valuable reference for students of workplace learning.
- Category: Business & Personal Finance
- Published: 06 December 2012
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- Print Length: 224 Pages
- Language: English