Oliver Twist (Fully Illustrated)
The Beautifully Reproduced Early Edition Corrected by Charles Dickens in 1867-68, Illustrated by George Cruikshank with Bonus Photographs
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
- The 1868 edition corrected by Dickens in 1867-68.
- Includes a preface by Dickens, plus an editor’s note.
- Contains all 12 of George Cruikshank’s original illustrations.
- Also contains 16 photographs from the Her Majesty’s Theatre performance of Oliver Twist.
- Fully-searchable table of contents.
- Exquisitely formatted and presented in e-book form.
Dickens’ exceptional second novel tells the story of orphan boy Oliver Twist, who escapes the misery of the workhouse only to fall in with a gang of London crooks, led by the legendary Fagin.
The literary masterpiece uses dark humour to shine a light on the real poverty blighting London life in the 19th century, as Dickens – himself once a child labourer – explains in the rare foreword to this Apostrophe Books edition.