Roadcraft - The Police Driver's Handbook
The Police Foundation The Police Foundation
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Roadcraft is the police handbook for driver training, used by all the emergency services and a key reference for civilian driving instructors. It's essential reading for any driver wanting to develop their driving ability and safety to a more advanced level.
This new edition has been revised, updated and redesigned to include best practice in police driving and learning design. It's been guided by a working group of experienced instructors from the police and other emergency services, who have consulted widely with civilian and academic experts in driving safety.
• how to recognise and manage the personal tendencies, states of mind, emotions and sources of stress that could put you at risk even before you get in your vehicle
• comprehensive explanations and advice to raise your driving abilities to a new level
• main learning points set out at the beginning of each chapter and reviewed at the end - helpful for individual learning or formal instruction
• self-assessment questions throughout to help you review and improve your driving performance and safety
• eco-driving tips to reduce your fuel consumption
• lively full colour illustrations and diagrams to explain the key principles and techniques for better driving
• new chapters on low-speed manoeuvring and emergency response driving