The Art of War
The Beautifully Reproduced Illustrated 1882 Edition, With Introductions By Andy McNab and Henry Cust. M. P.
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
- Introduction from SAS and Gulf War hero Andy McNab DCM MM
- The 1882 edition of The Art of War
- Preface by Niccolò Machiavelli
- Translated from Italian by Christian E Detmold
- Bonus material: Introduction by Henry Cust, MP
- Complete with all the original illustrations
- Beautifully formatted in this Apostrophe Books edition
The Art of War sees political and military theory brought together by one of the subjects’ greatest minds. This renowned work by Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527) has been pored over by the likes of Napoleon and Frederick the Great, and remains one of the most important works on conflict today.
“To know how to recognise an opportunity in war, and take it, benefits you more than anything else,” he wrote. “Nature creates few men brave; industry and training makes many.”
The masterpiece is presented in this beautifully-produced Apostrophe Books edition with an introduction by Gulf War legend and bestselling author Andy McNab – the British Army’s most highly decorated serving soldier when he left the SAS.