The "Recycled Bassguitar"
Build One With Precision® Bass Parts
Bert Van Der Moer
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Building your own guitar is fun - firstly - and secondly you may end up with a good custom PBass for a good price.
But, if you want - you can build a super high-end guitar a bit more or incredibly more expensive. Your choice!
If you have all the parts and no disastrous mismatches then you can construct and setup your guitar in under 4 hours.
- all Precision Bass components, how to get them and what pitfalls to watch out for
- how to convert that heap of metal and wood to a great instrument
- minimum set of tools, suitable for the one-time builder
- how to set up the result (neck relief, radius, intonation, playability etc)
- overview of serial numbers and dating of Fender guitars as aid when buying stuff
- guitar electronics
- some more subjects of interest; frets, tonewood, common problems, making a new nut etc.
The book has been written on basis of a number of projects done by the author (that's me) with some 100 photographs in colour.
Have fun, Bert