South of France Travel Guide: Provence, French Riviera and Languedoc-Roussillon: Avignon, Marseille, Monaco, Nice, Antibes, Montpellier, Nimes, Perpignan, Cannes, Arles. Illustrated Guide, Phrasebook and Maps (Mobi Travel)
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
1. Essentials: A-Z Index | Phrasebook | Units Conversion | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Driving in Europe | Stay safe
2. Maps: France | Regions | Geographical | Provence | French Riviera | Languedoc-Roussillon
2.1 City maps: Arles | Avignon | Cannes | Marseille | Monaco | Montpellier | Nice
3. Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur: Major points of interest | Climate | History | Get in | Top 10 attractions | Beaches | Parks | Painters | Writers
3.1 Major cities: Marseille | Aix-en-Provence | Arles | Avignon | Cannes | Cassis | Nice | Orange | Toulon | Les Baux de Provence
3.2 French Riviera: east to west: Menton | Monaco | Monte Carlo | Villefranche-sur-Mer | Nice | Cagnes-sur-Mer | Haut de Cagnes | Biot | Antibes | Cannes | Lérins Islands | Fréjus | St. Raphael | St. Tropez | Bormes les Mimosas | Hyères | Toulon | Sanary sur Mer
4. Languedoc-Roussillon: Major points of interest | Languedoc History | Roussillon History | Top 10 attractions | Beaches
4.1 Major cities: Carcassonne | Perpignan | Montpellier | Alès | Agde | Béziers | Narbonne | Nîmes | Pézenas | Sete
5. Introduction to France: History | Regions | Get in and Visa | Get around | Talk | Buy
Other Books in This Series
- Category: Europe
- Published: 01 July 2010
- Publisher: MobileReference
- Print Length: 999 Pages
- Language: English
- Series: Mobi Travel