West Bengal & Darjeeling – Guidebook Chapter
Chapter from India travel guide book
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other’. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet’s latest India guide book and includes:
- • West Bengal & Darjeeling chapters
- • Understanding India and survival guide
- • West Bengal & Darjeeling maps
Stretching from the jagged northern hills down to the sultry mangroves of the Bay of Bengal, few states offer such a rich range of destinations and experiences as West Bengal.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in West Bengal & Darjeeling, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets – all the essentials to get to the heart of West Bengal & Darjeeling.
- • Understanding India: India Today, History, The Way of Life, Spiritual India, Delicious India, The Great Indian Bazaar, Sacred Architecture, The Arts, Elephants & Tigers: India’s Sanctuaries, The Landscape, Survival Guide, Directory, Transport and Glossary
- • North & South of Kolkata, Sunderbans Tiger Reserve, Diamond Harbour, Sagar Island, Mandarmani, Hooghl River, Bishnupur, Shantiniketan, Nabadwip & Mayapur, Murshidabad & Berhampore, Malda, Gaur & Pandua, West Bengal Hills, Siliguri & New Jalpaiguri, Jaldhapara Wildlife Sanctuary, Mirik, Kurseong and Darjeeling.
- Category: Asia
- Published: 25 April 2012
- Publisher: Lonely Planet
- Print Length: 50 Pages
- Language: English