This course has been developed to get you started in your legal studies by explaining some of the basic concepts associated with the law.
You will also learn where the law is to be found and start to make some discoveries of your own as you research various topics using the databases available on the University library website.
The course aims to provide you with an introduction to law including its history. It will also tell you how the law is made and developed and enable you to develop legal research skills. Finally, the course will assist you to understand some of the ethical issues lawyers deal with in practice.
Upon the successful completion of this course you will be able to achieve the following learning objectives:
- Know some of the history of the Australian legal system.
- Understand how the law is made and developed in Australia.
- Demonstrate basic skills in legal research.
- Demonstrate basic skills in legal writing.
- Demonstrate basic skills in legal thinking.