Reimagining Roald Dahl's beloved story for a modern audience, Robert Zemeckis's visually innovative THE WITCHES tells the darkly humorous and heartwarming tale of a young orphaned boy (Bruno) who, in late 1967, goes to live with his loving Grandma (Spencer) in the rural Alabama town of Demopolis. The boy and his grandmother come across some deceptively glamorous but thoroughly diabolical witches, so Grandma wisely whisks our young hero away to an opulent seaside resort. Regrettably, they arrive at precisely the same time that the world's Grand High Witch (Hathaway) has gathered her fellow cronies from around the globe—undercover—to carry out her nefarious plans.
- Rent £15.99
Ratings and Reviews
Campy but creepy Dahl adaptation has lots of spooky stuff.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2020 Warner Bros. Ent. Inc. All rights reserved.
- English (AD, Stereo, Dolby)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in available languages with the addition of relevant non-dialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH) refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant, non-dialogue information.
- Audio descriptions (AD) refer to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.