A bold and strikingly original psychological chiller, heralding the arrival of a bold new voice in British cinema - debut director Rose Glass - and a breakout lead performance from Morfydd Clark, Saint Maud is a deeply unnerving must-see for film-lovers and adventurous horror fans alike. Live-in nurse Maud arrives at the home of Amanda, a famous dancer now frail from illness and trapped in her grand, isolated house. At first Amanda is intrigued by this religious young woman, who provides distraction from her failing health. Maud, in turn, is bewitched by her new patient. But Maud is not all that she seems. She is tormented by a violent secret from her past and by ecstatic messages she believes are directly from God. She becomes convinced she has been sent to Amanda not simply as a nurse, but to serve a divine purpose. As her grip on reality slides out of control, Maud's care turns into a deadly mission to save Amanda’s soul, by any means necessary.
- Rent £5.49
- Buy £5.99
Ratings and Reviews
Superb psychological horror is violent and unsettling.
Cast & Crew
- The British Film Institute
- © 2019 Saint Maud / The British Film Institute / Channel Four Television Corporation
- English (AD, Stereo, Dolby)
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH) refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant, non-dialogue information.
- Audio descriptions (AD) refer to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.