By WordWeb Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Chambers Thesaurus is the perfect reference for writers and word game enthusiasts, while all lovers of language will find it a pleasure to browse through. There are nearly 40 000 distinct indexed words, and a total of about 400 000 synonyms and antonyms.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search
- Cross-reference to offline and online dictionaries
There are also standard bookmark, recent word and random word features. No Internet connection is required.
If our Oxford and/or WordWeb Pro dictionary apps are also installed, the references can all be quickly accessed from separate tabs in the app.
What's New in Version 3.3
- Support for new Collins Dictionary app in cross-reference tab if installed
- Minor database updates and corrections
- Various misc small bug fixes
Note to cross-reference other installed WordWeb Software apps, you must run each of them once first.
- 7,99 €
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 01 December 2016
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Antony Lewis
- © WordWeb Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor