By Rocket Jump
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
>> "This is slaughter done right, with enormous weaponry and a huge sense of fun." -PocketGamer
>> "…extremely enjoyable and addictive. Major Mayhem takes elements from an Operation Wolf style shooting gallery, Canabalt platforming, Gears of War duck-and-cover and Max Payne bullet time, and mixes it into an action-packed budget platformer that’s hard to put down." —TouchGen
>> "Major Mayhem is one of the best rail shooters on the App Store." -IGN
>> "Bring[s] back memories of such games as Lethal Enforcers and Virtua Cop, or even more recent fare such as the Resident Evil Chronicles games for the Wii, though without being quite as serious as any of those." -Slide to Play
• 45 levels of non-stop action
• Battle your way past hordes of enemies in three picturesque environments: Tropics, Metropolis and Desert
• New graphics features specific to the Mac
• Heaps of costumes and hats for the Major.
• Loads of weapons in your arsenal to deal out MAJOR MAYHEM, like:
>> Automatic Shotgun
>> Quadzooka (like a Bazooka only more massive-er!)
>> Plasma Rifle
>> And more!
• And All new power ups!
>> Air Strikes!
>> Robo Mayhem
>> Super Ammo
>> And more!
• In App Purchases - Purchase coins in app to unlock items faster and boost your ability to make things explode!
• Save the world, and your girlfriend
He's got an itchy trigger finger, some scratchy stubble, and a fondness for shooting dudes in the face. Run and gun your way through gorgeous 3D environments as you embark on a mission to rescue your kidnapped girlfriend from the Forces of Evil. Guns, grenades and an assortment of other tools of destruction are at your disposal, and you'll need every last one of 'em. So what are you waiting for, Major Mayhem? The future of the Free World -- and your love life -- hangs in the balance.
LAGGING MOUSE CURSOR?
If you experience lag between your mouse/track-pad and the crosshair on screen you can try:
• Decreasing the graphical quality setting in the settings menu (the cog icon in the top right of the main and pause menu).
• Turning off the crosshair in the settings menu.
• Reducing the resolution of the game (This option is presented when you start the game).
Help us fix any issues you run into while playing - email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you're seeing along with any information you can provide about your hardware and the version of the game you're running.
What's New in Version 1.0.4
- Fixed a scoring bug where the multipliers stop being awarded sometimes.
- Fixed jump button not appearing in Metropolis mission 1 and Desert mission 12.
- Added a confirmation on purchasing items in the armory.
- Changed the save game location to hopefully avoid a rare bug where save game data is lost when the computer is restarted.
- Other minor fixes.