Sandvox — Easy-to-use website builder lets anyone create and publish
By Karelia Software LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Want to build a website? Create one yourself in minutes with Sandvox.
You can use this flexible, powerful website builder to drag–and–drop objects to create web pages. Just add images, movies, and text to a design and publish, fast. Named to Mac App Store’s Best of 2012 at v2.7, 2.9 includes new designs, additional social tools and more.
Only Sandvox — winner of an Apple Design Award — features a user experience that lets you combine and spotlight your own drag-and-drop content while automatically creating a modern, feature-rich, standards-compliant website as you go. See your website come alive before your eyes! When ready, just upload your site to your favorite host directly from within Sandvox. It's that easy.
• Choose from dozens of stylish site designs, including two brand new designs, Hydrogen and Kryptonite
• Over 20 different, customizable content objects help you build the site of your dreams
• Easily add text, images, or movies
• Showcase your images with Photo Grids and lightbox-style Galleries, automatically optimized for Retina displays
• Super easy blogging, with built-in archiving
• Instantly add connections to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Syndicate your blog or podcast and offer easy-to-grab RSS feeds
• Incorporate content from other websites such as weather and news headlines
• Show selected products from Amazon.com
• Feature YouTube videos
• Include a Contact Form for feedback
• Automatically generate a sitemap
• Comment support via Disqus, IntenseDebate and Facebook Comments
• Insert custom features with Raw HTML
“ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ” — MacNN · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — SVMMac · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — Cult of Mac
EVEN MORE POWER
• iMedia Browser — Effortlessly browse your Pictures folder, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, and Flickr. Grab movies from iPhoto and iTunes. Build a podcast. The iMedia Browser puts your resources at your fingertips.
• Advanced Customization — Code injection, custom CSS, built-in jQuery support and a brand new Cocoa plug-in API are available to experienced users and offer even more ways to customize your site.
• Publishing Options — Publish via FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
• Search Engine Optimization — SEO-friendly site structure plus integration with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Site Extractor — generate a new Sandvox website using the text and images of your old site, to help you get off the ground that little bit quicker
For more information or to watch a video introduction, please visit our website!
“Those who want to quickly create template-based sites packed with features, should give Sandvox 2 a look. ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼” — Macworld UK
We're always here to help and we'd love to hear from you! If you have feedback or questions, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or visit our community forum at karelia.com/forum.
Read our FAQ at karelia.com/faq. (in English)
Familiar with iWeb? See our iWeb Transition Guide at karelia.com/iweb. (in English)
What's New in Version 2.9.5
Sandvox 2.9 makes it easy to add Vimeo videos to your site, and extends publishing to support FTPS and HTTPS protocols
• Fixes a recently-discovered security flaw in the library used to connect to SFTP servers (libssh2)
• New object for playing videos hosted on Vimeo
• Contact forms now have the “Send from Karelia” option checked by default if it had not explicitly been turned off before. This is to help reduce the number of messages lost due to mistyped “from” addresses or aggressive spam filters on the receiving end. A few Sandvox users may want to turn this checkbox off if they are relying on the old behavior for any mail-processing rules or scripts. (Or, better yet, update those mail-processing rules or scripts.)
• Corrects an issue where pasting or dragging pages to duplicate them could end up shrinking photos
We’ve added support for additional publishing protocols:
• FTP with Implicit SSL
• FTP with TLS/SSL
• WebDAV with HTTPS
The full suite of protocols is available during Host Setup. If you’d previously chosen to publish to an FTP server, Sandvox will guess whether to use FTP or FTPS based on your previous preferences. If this guess is wrong, you just need to edit your Host Setup, selecting the correct protocol to use.
• SFTP and FTP connections are reused when possible for better performance
• When stopping publishing, the currently uploading file is allowed to finish first. Clicking the Stop button for a second time forces the upload to stop immediately
• Avoids the quirk where the publishing process of folders could appear to jump backwards and forwards for some time
• Fixes a crash when SFTP authentication takes too long
• Addresses an issue where the publish or export progress window would unnecessarily include an entry for the overall upload folder
• The dock progress indicator for publishing is working again
• Allows IE 9 and above to play video and MP3 audio natively, not using Flash
• Fix to video/audio flash detection script
• Adds a margin below popup menus so that sub-menus taller than the content will not be cut off on Webkit browsers
• Improves compatibility of favicon images with Google Chrome
• Improves reliability of importing corrupted old Sandvox 1.x documents
• Corrects a bug where photo albums wouldn’t display titles after import
• Smart-quote substitution is disabled in the Raw HTML editing and Code Injection windows
• Localization updates
• Improves reliability of re-opening Inspector windows at launch on OS X 10.7 and later
• Page file names are a little stricter, disallowing + and : characters
• Design fixes
• Resolves an issue where creating a link could result in the link's text being empty
• Restores “Paste Link” functionality
• Improves compatibility with OS X 10.10 “Yosemite”
- 79,99 €
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 17 March 2015
- Version: 2.9.5
- Size: 39.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Karelia Software LLC
- © 2004-2014 Karelia Software LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later