By Chris Saunter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VectorMaps France is an offline map viewer for OpenStreetMap data covering France.
Offline - all mapping data is stored within the App so it will work without network access.
✦ Vector based rendering
✦ Configurable rendering - explore usually unseen aspects of the landscape such as the railway and canal networks
✦ 40M contours - great for mountain areas
✦ Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
✦ Location aware on supported devices
✦ Offline storage - all mapping data is contained within the app - download and go
Coverage is currently mainland France.
This App uses data from OpenStreetMap, a community sourced open map. It is expected that this App will occasionally be updated to follow updates to OSM.
The contours are derived from NASA SRTM data and are at 40m vertical intervals.
What's New in Version 1.20
● Improved contours system - more detail, smaller app size and major/minor contours when zoomed in. Contours are now at 40m vertical intervals.
● Larger font size for road names on Retina displays
● Data refresh to 2011-09-18
- 1,79 €
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 09 October 2011
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 406 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Christopher Saunter
- © 2010 Christopher Saunter
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.