By Y Lau
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Tired of manually lowering your headphone volume when someone talks to you? Xmart Volume does this automatically for you! It even restores your headphone volume after the conversation!
Xmart Volume utilizes the built-in mic of your Mac or iSight to perform active volume control for you. It actively “listen” to the environment sound level and turns down your headphone volume when it detects any sound which is louder than the "background noise"*. This is useful when, e.g., you wish to “increase your chance” of hearing message from the “outside world” while enjoying music with your headphones on.
- Smart Active Volume Control
- Environment sound level monitoring
- Background noise level adaptation*
- Response sensitivity adjustment
- Macs with built-in microphones or iSight
- Macs with stereo headphone output
- Stereo headphone/earphone connected
WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY:
“... Never miss another phone call with your headphones on again. Just one awesome use amongst many! Plus, when my 4 year old says, "I got to go potty!" I hear it. Priceless.” - revjeff1
“... too innovative and useful tools.... Xmart is just a tool any traveler would love... hatsoff to the idea and simplicity..” - Sharath Palavalli
“Are Macs are slowly becoming self aware...” - Rods76
* After you clicked the Start button, Xmart Volume takes approximately 1 second to calibrate to the background noise level. Xmart Volume may not perform well in very noisy environment.