A Perfect Start
Or coping with the first months of parenthood
Christine Hill & Peter Hill
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
For many parents the first few months after a baby's birth can be a time of shock and adjustment as well as personal joy. Fatigue, confusion and feelings of incompetence are as common as the delight and pride which are part of having a baby.
In this friendly, accessible guide, Christine and Peter Hill take over from where other pregnancy books stop and before baby books begin. They provide a vast amount of practical and down-to-earth guidance on:
- What to expect in hospital and afterwards at home
- How to cope with persistent crying
- Dealing with feelings of depression and isolation
- Looking after yourself as well as your baby
- How to maintain fulfilling relationships with parents and friends
- When and when not to return to work.
Drawing on the experiences of over 5,000 mothers - and fathers - with new babies, and now fully updated, this authoritative guide is both reassuring and fun to read.