Ambur - point of sale (POS)
By Refulgent Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ambur is an easy to use, point of sale/cash register that is used in everywhere from coffee shops to luxury restaurants, to bars and nightclubs.
Ambur's development is based on years of research on traditional point of sale, and first-hand restaurant experience from our staff, made up of former restaurant managers and employees. It redefines the capabilities of point of sale. With Ambur, you can set up your menu, run payroll, generate customized reports, take credit card payments, export totals to spreadsheets, view order history for customers and much, much, more. For no additional charge, your staff can use iPods, iPads, or even their iPhones and they can take orders, process credit cards at the table, print receipts and always have access to the point of sale system, no matter where they are in the restaurant, improving table turnover and efficiency dramatically.
We differentiate ourselves from our iOS competitors by being the iOS point of sale that doesn't require an internet connection for devices to sync – we believe in your right to keep your data private, and want to make sure your business isn't depend on steady, fast, internet just to run the point of sale Also, we have a simple one price, for everyone, for _unlimited_ devices. so you can have a point of sale that grows with your business, without you being charged more. Compared to free competitors such as Square and Amazon, we offer the ability for you to process credit cards at a *much* lower rate, so your business isn't getting gouged on each transaction. Compared to traditional point of sales, we offer the same product at a *much* more affordable package, since we're a lean business that doesn't need to charge $6,000 per machine just to maintain a door to door sales force.
Call us at 888.770.2205 or email us at email@example.com with questions. Our solutions team is ready to show you how Ambur's features will have your business running smoothly, effectively, and successfully.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Ambur Anywhere – access your point of sale from outside the business, wherever you are, whenever you want. We don’t need to store your data on a server, you truly own your data, and we mean that. We don’t store your data and claim you own it. This opens up an infinitude of use cases, from delivery people using it to remotely look up orders and addresses, and take credit card payments, to large setups being able to use separate Wi-Fi networks to connect to a main hub, reporting from home, bust a long line by taking orders remotely
- complete overhaul of input, no popups are necessary for editing text. you can also use a Bluetooth keyboard to easily tab through and edit items
- custom keyboards for date editing, time editing, date and time editing, whole number editing, decimal editing, emails, phone numbers, and more. You’ll always have what buttons you need, right at your fingertips
- look up directions and estimated travel times to an address from the Customer screen – tap the compass icon next to the address
- post to Facebook/Twitter accounts set up on your device, select “Post Message” from global actions. Let your customers know your daily specials and news, right from your point of sale.
- customer search has been significantly upgraded – essentially, it filters any non-number characters from the phone numbers stored in the database, as well as the search entry, and searches to see if the filtered search text is contained in the filtered phone number
- new order action icons and tab bar icons, with heavier weight and ready for Retina HD screens
- when keyboards come up, scrollable screens such as lists and grids move up to compensate, so there’s never anything stuck underneath the keyboard
- use iOS 8 adaptive UI. Ambur is the only iOS POS app to do so, and that enables us to support current and future iOS devices and features without any additional programming. Our competitors have months of work to do before they get to that point, if ever
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support. On your iPhone 6+ in landscape orientation, the device will look identical to the iPad interface
- the global action button has been moved to the right side, ensuring that there’s no spurious taps when you’re trying to the tap the back button
- new syncing transmission format that packs data 6x faster, 10x smaller (so it transmits 10x faster), and unpacks it 5x faster
- Employee Reports have been renamed to Shift Reports to reflect their usage, and they automatically are run for the currently logged in users shift if they are clocked in. If they aren’t, you can pick dates for the report
- shifts that are currently active are highlighted in orange on the shifts list
- confirmation step added when canceling items while taking an Order
- you can print a shift report upon clocking out
- add audit logs for payment/orders being deleted – the audit logs automatically attach themselves to crash reports, and can be emailed/messaged from the status screen
- new tip vs. change algorithm. if there’s an overpay: if it’s a credit payment, assume it’s tip, if it’s not credit, if accept tips is enabled in Settings, ask the user if the overpayment is change or tip, if accept tips isn’t enabled, assume it’s change.
- Ambur now compresses your database into a ZIP file before backing it up to Dropbox, which saves approximately 60-80% of space, and thus uploads much faster as well
- you can defragment your database from the status screen
- editing option names and prices are now performed in-line, saving you time of pushing a new screen and tapping back
- adding items to relationships on an iPad now saves time by showing a popover instead of pushing a new screen
- you can take orders in review mode
- custom keyboard mode for IP addresses
- currency entry is more fun – you can enter “1 9 5” instead of “1 . 9 5” to get $1.95 now
TWEAKS AND BUG FIXES
- too many to fit in the space we're allowed for update notes, check AmburApp.com/blog for complete notes
- Category: Business
- Updated: 08 November 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Hebrew, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Refulgent Software LLC
- © 2014 Refulgent Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.