Armillary is a handy astronomical application for measurement and recording specific times, locations and movement of the Sun and the stars, based on a Ptolemaic model. With this app, we can easily determine the time and position of sunrise and sunset, the length of a day, the altitude of the sun at different times of the year and the position of celestial objects.
This 3-dimensional Armillary app reconstructs the ancient armillary sphere with the help of modern technology. The ancient device, believed to be first invented around 200 B.C., had been in use for over 2,000 years in history.
• This modern-day counterpart can be displayed in any scale and rotated by any angle.
• You can make desired measurements by making relevant adjustment of the “Meridian”, “Equator”, “Horizon”, “Ecliptic” and “Altitude” on the app.
• Touch-screen rotation – Gently swipe or slide fingers for desired rotation of armillary sphere rings
• Swipe-touch panel – Swipe fingers on the display panel for desired movement of armillary sphere rings
• Pinch-to-zoom – Use index finger and the thumb in a pinch motion to enlarge or shrink the screen as desired.
Further enhancement on tutorial - now separated according to different functions
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome tools for education, useful!
- HKU TELI
- 283.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative (TELI), The University of Hong Kong
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.